Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend the Harley Plant in York,PA is holding it's annual Open House. It's a great affair with plant tours, demo rides, vendors, food, a parade thru downtown York and more chrome (and noise) than you can imagine. As you might guess, southcentral PA has turned into Harley Heaven.
This morning I was returning from my weekly breakfast meet with my buddies in MD. and took a smoke break on the parking lot of a small restaurant in my town. There must have been at least 20 - 30 Harleys parked near where I was sitting at a picnic table. About 10 riders came out and passed my 650 sitting near their Harley's. Naturally, none of them wanted to acknowledge my "It ain't a Harley" but one finally got the nerve (after glancing around to see if anyone was watching) to take a closer look. Well, this broke the ice and the rest decided it was OK to at least take a quick look and maybe have a few laughs.
My Burgman has all of the chrome letters removed as well as the chrome "Suzuki" sticker on the rear. None of the Harley guys could figure out what it was. They really gave it a close inspection but all they could find was "Burgman" on the bar cover and the "S" on the windshield (which they didn't recognize as an S). So, they all finally decided it must be a German sportbike with that name and slick bodywork. They were really convinced when one guy said the "S" was a German "B" so it must be a BMW. It was the funniest 10 minutes I've spent in a long time. About then another group of riders came out the door so the first group decided to leave quickly so they wouldn't be seen looking at a "non-Harley" and their reputations wouldn't be tarnished. :D
Don

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yup! I was doing the Ride For Kids last Sunday and one guy asked if it was a BMW, even with the Suzuki on the back. My nephew scoffs at that because he actually has a BMW. He said "where would anyone get that idea?" and my friend just looked at him and said "styling, maybe???". It does have that European look to it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Great story. Mine has been cofused with a BMW twice now as well.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
allwalk said:
Great story. Mine has been cofused with a BMW twice now as well.
I suppose you have to accept these downsides with all the advantages the Burgman offers. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MaryVande said:
Yup! I was doing the Ride For Kids last Sunday and one guy asked if it was a BMW, even with the Suzuki on the back.
Hi Mary! I met a fellow this morning (a friend of one of my buddies) who mentioned he saw a bike like mine at The Ride For Kids at Columbia with a gal riding it. I asked if her name was Mary but he didn't know but he remembered she had short hair. Sound like you? He was riding a beautiful green BMW cruiser-style R bike. :D
Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts