Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Placement is important. If it gets light from the instrument panel it won't dim at night. If out from under the top of the instrument panel it can reflect in the windshield. Fortunately, by luck I placed it where it dims but it does reflect lightly off the lower part of the windshield which isn't a problem for me. Very seldom if a light hits it right it will go bright which causes it to reflect very noticeablely.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also had the Kury led volt meters on my last 2 Goldwings, after an alternator failed on my 1500 and I didn't know it until it quit running in the middle of nowhere. I plan to get one for my Burgman.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I love those Kuryakin voltmeters. Stylish, accurate, easy to read... couldn't ask for more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OP is asking about "battery monitor". Wouldn't voltmeters ONLY monitor the stator or the alternator output? I would think the battery monitor would monitor the condition of the battery.

For example, I was on my way home from work one day. The bike (not Burgman) was running great. It was charging nice 14.1 Volts. Stopped at a gas station. Then bike had no battery power. It wouldn't start. The battery was at the end of its life. So if I had the battery monitor, I would have changed the battery before I got stranded.

I was thinking of getting something like this.
http://kisantech.com/mag/index.php/chargeguard/cg-25.html
But I don't know if that would even be able to predict the battery life.

·
Registered
53 Posts
OP is asking about "battery monitor". Wouldn't voltmeters ONLY monitor the stator or the alternator output? I would think the battery monitor would monitor the condition of the battery.

When the engine is not running the volt meter will tell you how many volts are in the battery, there are some very expensive meters that are supposed to show condition, and expected life left in them, but I have not had any experience with them.

·
Registered
704 Posts

For example, I was on my way home from work one day. The bike (not Burgman) was running great. It was charging nice 14.1 Volts. Stopped at a gas station. Then bike had no battery power. It wouldn't start. The battery was at the end of its life. So if I had the battery monitor, I would have changed the battery before I got stranded.

I was thinking of getting something like this.
http://kisantech.com/mag/index.php/chargeguard/cg-25.html
But I don't know if that would even be able to predict the battery life.
Your $150 meter does the same as mine with duplicate indication of temperature and my ice light. It measures the voltage at the battery connected just like mine so will show charging voltage when the engine is running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts