Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys will be honest with me. What is a good and fair asking price for a silver 2003 650, extremely well kept, no scratches, never dropped, always serviced on time with 9,400 miles. Includes a top box and Utopia backrest. Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Kelly Bluebook shows (for my location) retail (from a DEALER) it would sell for $5645.00
(Maybe a tiny bit more for your add-ons?)
Trade-In shows $3890 (again, maybe a tiny bit more for add-ons)
Keeping in mind a retail price includes dealer prep and their overhead it's unreasonable for a private party to charge retail price. Especially if not servicing prior to sale.
I consider a 'good and fair' asking price to split the difference. Your mileage MAY vary! So, $4767.50 would be what I'd ask. I might ask $4900 and negotiate or I might sell the top box seperate. Not sure you would get enough for the backrest to make it worthwhile 'parting-out'.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I would punt at $5K.
PS - why are you selling the most viewed Burgman in the gallery? :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the replies. I was hoping you guys would say some where in the $4,800-5,000 range. I may be switching jobs and I'm just trying to look down the road and prepare for what could be some lean times before things get better.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
jkrerol15 said:
Thanks so much for the replies. I was hoping you guys would say some where in the $4,800-5,000 range. I may be switching jobs and I'm just trying to look down the road and prepare for what could be some lean times before things get better.
I am sure I can speak for all your friends here - and wish you luck and safe passage in the turbulent passage ahead. The secret of success on these journeys is planning and you clearly have your navigational markers established already - so lets hope it is a smooth trip! :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
$2599 sounds good to me and I'll pay freight from MS!!!!!!
Just kidding----I agree with the above guys on fair price----but, hey, it's a starting point for negotiations.

I'll go back to my corner now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts