Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 650 says Burgman 650 on the side and under it in chrome letters is the word "SPORT".

Any idea what that means or if there actually is or was a 650 "sport"?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
People do weird things to their bikes, like adding "Sport" to the badging. No such model on the 650. Much like the guy who turned his "6" upside down and got everyone excited that there was a "Burgman 950" coming out.

My friend bought a Sym Citycom that someone stenciled "Ducati" on to it. It was quickly referred to as the "Duchcati". lol.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
For my first 650, because I hated the name 'Burgman,' I ordered the 'Skywave' badge from Japan (as the Burgman is known there).

I'm on my third 650, and now merely dislike the name. If I found a cool looking 'Halfabusa' badge, I might consider it. :D

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I just thought it was an Australian asking what a 650 was as in..........."What's a 650, sport?"

·
Registered
158 Posts
I took all the badging off my DL650 and now everyone thinks it's a 1,000. What's with that?...............

·
Registered
204 Posts
In the 1980's we used to add 'Turbo' emblems to our low powered cars. That gave the car some status. The car actually would act like it had more power.

I am looking to add 'AWD' or 'Traction Control' emblems to my dual sport bike. I know that would make my dirt skills better.

Simba

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
People do weird things to their bikes, like adding "Sport" to the badging. No such model on the 650. Much like the guy who turned his "6" upside down and got everyone excited that there was a "Burgman 950" coming out.

My friend bought a Sym Citycom that someone stenciled "Ducati" on to it. It was quickly referred to as the "Duchcati". lol.
I regard 'SPORT' with the same derision as I do for the words 'HEAVY DUTY' and 'SPECIAL'

You may have seen this pix of a Royal Enfield /Harley! before, but here it is again:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yesterday I was behind a VW Passat that had the p and the at removed. I think the driver was a guy but I'm not certain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts