Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
"I'm vaguely considering getting an actual motorcycle"

Huh? IMHO the Burgman is 'an actual motorcycle' Just sayin.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
"I'm vaguely considering getting an actual motorcycle"

Huh? IMHO the Burgman is 'an actual motorcycle' Just sayin.
Legally, all Burgmans are motorcycles (150cc+). Structurally, only the 650 is (frame-mounted engine and transmission -- the others float the engine with the swingarm, and the belt drive on the swingarm is the transmission). Functionally, yeah, they're all motorcycles you don't have to shift.

And as noted above, I did in fact buy one. It's a fun challenge. So is sorting out the luggage situation -- but to be fair, it's not a high priority since I have bikes with storage I can use if I need that. What I'm using now works well enough.

Still have all of my scooters though. No room left in the garage of course, but I still have all the scooters.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Long ago, before Burgmans existed, I had 3 Suzuki and 1 BMW motorcycle. 2 of the Suzukis and the BMW had saddlebags and Windjammer fairings. I also had a sissy bar and a luggage rack on my T500-J, which came in handy the one time I had to carry a fair sized bundle. I may have looked silly, since the bundle was wrapped in a flowered sheet, but I never have much cared what other people thought.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
And THIS is how you transport your own choice of tires to the dealer when time to replace them. In the shadow behind the bike you can see that the rear of the tires sit on the luggage rack. No need for a trunk. I never put a top case on this bike and never felt the need for it. But normally I did have the saddlebags mounted except when taking it in for service.

My local Honda dealer allows me to take a loaner while mine is in the shop so I drop mine off and ride to work on the loaner and do the reverse after work (after taking my time getting back to the dealer). Last time I did this on my CTX I got a Honda F6B as a loaner. I know the local Suzuki dealer does not offer loaner bikes, already tried.
-

Attachments

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Let me acquaint you with my new company: Scooter Sherpas. Like our brethren in Nepal and Tibet, we enable our motorcycle-challenged clients who are unable or unwilling to haul their own s**t to achieve their personal goals - be it the summit of a mountain or the parking lot of their cross-town offices. And at no additional charge, we usually arrive first.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Let me acquaint you with my new company: Scooter Sherpas. Like our brethren in Nepal and Tibet, we enable our motorcycle-challenged clients who are unable or unwilling to haul their own s**t to achieve their personal goals - be it the summit of a mountain or the parking lot of their cross-town offices. And at no additional charge, we usually arrive first.
Honestly, I'm not sure how even a Super Sherpa could help with the luggage situation.

Kawasaki Super Sherpa

41 - 46 of 46 Posts