Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so wife is going to be riding on the back of my 650 at times. As she has only done this with her brothers or friends long ago in South Dakota (no helmet law) what type would you recommend?
I have a Nolan E43. We will go to a dealer to try some different styles & brands on. What do you gals have or what does your wife or girl friend have?

·
Registered
80 Posts
My wife uses a half helmet from Cycle Gear, I believe it's the Raven by Bilt. Could not convince her to step up to 3/4 or full. She is really happy with it too. Even in the laughably not so cold SoCal winter we've had.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just got my wife a Nolan N20 and she's really happy with it. It's pink with a stripe down the center and she likes the way it feels and the shield. I see you have a full face Nolan already, but I'm pretty impressed with the quality.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
My wife really liked the shoi qwest Sonoma, fitted well and he loved th deign. But was a little pricey

·
Registered
123 Posts
Right now I have a Caberg full face modular with anti-fog visor, quick release strap, and adjustable sun visor. It was a Christmas present replacing a full modular HJC. The HJC I tried on before buying and was my first modular. My favorite is the Caberg and it was ordered online with directions for head measurements. I feel safer with a full face, but have your wife try one on first to see if she likes it. The modular is really nice when you want to talk without taking the helmet off. Let us know what she gets.

·
Registered
709 Posts
On that desert rat, I'd defiantly go the dealer route where you can try fitting and feel. although we bag on dealerships, they do sale high quality gear most of the time, that is highly approved and tested. Decent helmet starts at $120 bucks upwards, I use the HJC retractable sun visor helmet, love it....ride safe brother.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Each head different so must find helmet that fit head perfectly, me preference is Shoei, that not necessarily for everyone, but please consider this for future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had so many helmets over the years it's hard to say. If you can at all convince her to go full face do so. I'm currently a fan of the Scorpion EXO 1100, but Shoei makes some good choices and so does Nolan.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If you can at all convince her to go full face do so.
+1...... An LS2 should suffice - they're light and modern and flip-up, with a quick fastener and a sprung sunshade, have better peripheral vision than a Caberg and all at a reasonable price. ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I really like the HJC IS33.. We both had them and the HJC SY-MAX.. My friend bought a new bike last year and the IS33's were silver and he wanted them so I sold them. Bought a white burg650 and my wife didn't want any other helmet than a white IS33.. We went on a 5500mi trip with the silver helmets, so she fell in love with them. Good luck helmet hunting!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Very nice. That's something my wife would like. I've never heard of the brand, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts