Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

What Have I Done? Ordered a Crotch Rocket

5K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  Scootereno 
#1 ·
The End is Near! Hades is Freezing Over! I have Truly Lost my Mind!
I ordered a crotch rocket yesterday and it should be delivered in 2 weeks or less. I got a wild hair and just went for it with no remorse.
I WON"T be selling my Burgman and it will stay my daily driver but I just had a mid-life crisis moment I guess. I will not be saying what I ordered until it is actually here and officially mine. Then I will post pics and probably a video too. This will be my first new (not used) Bike since my 1970 Golden Pinto Mini Bike (pictured below).
I'm just a boy who loves his toys....................:D

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I have no idea of what your age is......??? BUT - I got my 1st crotch rocket at age 65 and my 2nd at age 67........ I found myself doing 161 MPH on a highway and at that point decided to buy a Honda GL1800 Goldwing which is more appropriate for a man of my "advanced" age....now almost 72 YO....

The pic is of me "relaxing" and reading a book........Suzuki GSX-R 1000

#5 ·
would that be a how to get a heavy motorcycle off your leg manual ?

a wise decison to wait till you can afford the speeding tickets and higher insurance before purchasing a crotch rocket, and who need hearing at our age anyway, enjoy.
anyone asks why, just tell them you need to go fast so you can get there before you forget where you are going :D

#7 ·
The day I bought my Burgman I was very, very close to buying a used crotch rocket at a different dealer,I thought "1more toy, then a burg" then the age and commen sence set in I guess? lol. I still wonder how it would've been, it was a beautiful piece of high technology!

#21 ·
They -DO- have tank bags..which is what I had. Also made a good elbow rest on long rides.....as well as holding a real big bunch of "STUFF"......!!

#22 ·
WHAT?????? For abuse of his badge.???? I hope that you are not thinking that , "I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS WRONG.??"

#17 ·
...for doing 35 in a 45 zone ????
I'd say...meet ya in court.......

#24 · (Edited)
V8 - interesting the conclusions we jump to. My first thought as to why a cop would pull you over, was maybe there were reports of underage/unlicensed/uninsured minors riding sport bikes in your area (which in my neck of the woods, is against the law). Rather than abusing his badge, he was most likely following orders from his superior, probably stemming from citizen complaints. In other words, I think he was probably just doing his job - and rather politely at that.

Personally, I'm happy when a cop says "never mind" to me. Add to that an apology as in "I'm very, very, sorry," I'm saying "No worries, officer. Have a good one."

Where you really went off the rails though, is the guy mistook you for someone 40-plus years younger than yourself. You should have kissed the sob :D

#28 ·
Just got the call that my red sports bike is being un-boxed and prepped for tomorrow's pick up after work. Hope to get a video and pics out this weekend.
I am just surprised that my wife and granddaughter are just as excited as me.

Geezer Scootereno former MX Racer ;)

#30 ·
Well only thing I know is you can't ride a crotch rocket around here unless you are in full leathers and weave in & out of traffic at hi speeds.:rolleyes:

#33 ·
Terrible Day. :confused:
Had customers get into a fight and dealt with police, had to stay late then went to leave and the family cage wouldn't go in gear (Tanny Kaput), and my oldest dog had seizures all afternoon. I did pick up the red GSXR but had no time to do anything but put out fires. :(
Today is going to be crazy with the Labor Day crowd so Sunday will be my first chance to test it out and play a little....and get some pics I hope! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.