Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Site runs a cgi script on server with no permanent link to bike page. Is it about Burgie K8 650?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I wouldn't consider any of them other than for parts. None of them have a clear title.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, thats the one. I thought the link would go to it. Title I’m not too worried about. it would only be built back up for me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
http://www.auctionaz.com/081314BKLogansBidding.htm

Looking at this bike. What do you think could be wrong with it, and what could be done to get it running. is this something worth getting into?
I think she might have been hit from the side. Thus there could be frame damage. Possibly also a fire, although they do seem to have cleaned her up (surprisingly) well if so.

I would think you'd do best getting a second wreck, maybe something with front-end damage, such that the two would offset one another's weaknesses.

Then you would have a very large project ahead. If that sounds interesting to you, go for it. In the long run you can surely save some money, but that's considering that you enjoy the project. If it's a chore or drudgery to you, you might be better off spending the $4-5K or so that a used early model Exec should bring.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I would set myself a $limit and start bidding. You never know how cheaply you may get it for. If it goes above your limit simply stop. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
Looking at the two pictures I think the forks are bent. The radiator sheild is laying in the trunk and that tells me it was interfering with the fender while trying to turn it. This is an Exec and the sum of the parts would be good to have. This site does not give much info.

Look over on Copart.com for other Burgmans. They list then as AN400 or AN650.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I would take a chance on it if it were here in my area for a max bid of $500 . That way you can't get hurt no matter what it REALLY turns out to be . If you do get it save all the paper work so you can eventually get a title .

TheReaper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts