Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: I am riding a Honda Super Blackbird and want to sell it fo a Burgman 650 Exec. I am about 224lbs do you think the 650 would suite me.What do I have tolook for when buying one??????? :roll:

redbird 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello redbird,

ask one question and you will get 1000 answers.

The only way to answer this question is to test ride the Burgman AN650.
If the dealer will only let you have one to run around the block so to speak then try hire one for a weekend. Only when you have covered enough different types of driving conditions (town, heavy traffic, open roads, up/down hills) will you have an answer that will help you.

The 650 is a big powerful machine - but a lot will depend on what you are used to and what you expect.

Hope you can try out the above and come to a decision that you can live with. Good luck in making up your mind :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
redbird 2 said:
:shock: I am riding a Honda Super Blackbird and want to sell it fo a Burgman 650 Exec. I am about 224lbs do you think the 650 would suite me.What do I have tolook for when buying one??????? :roll:

redbird 2
I don't think you should have it at all because I cannot get the Executive version here in the USA. So there! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello DavidF,

help I am lost - who is RedBird 2? Have you anything to do with him or is this just a co-incedence?

Regarding the AN650 Executive - as far as I am informed this is the 2004 model, my dealer tells me since he still has a few 2003 models on the show room floor which he will try to sell before the next season starts and then in March/April he will order the new models for the new season and will re-arrange his prices for the remaining 2003 machines on the floor.

So I would guess that this tactic would also apply in North America with perhaps exceptions being made in those areas where it's "season all year round". But the main Suzuki Importer - be it Suzuki USA or Canada will have the final word as to when they will bring in and ship the 2004 models i.e. the Executive.

The only real difference between 2003/4 being the electrically retractable mirrors and the ABS the rest is identical. OK the mirrors are no technological break through but the ABS could be interesting for some people. Having said that there is a good case for getting a sizeable discount from your local dealer on the older (and not less worthy) model when the Executive arrives. It's worth thinking about anyway and perhaps delaying the buying decision untill then.

But "you pays your money and takes your pick". :D
Have a great day.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well redbird your weight is a none issue for the Burgman 650. However your height may be. It seems that if you're approaching the 6 foot mark or higher you may want to go for a taller windscreen to reduce the buffetting. You will better be able to judge that for yourself after a few rides. I myself at 6'0" and 200 lbs like the 650 as it comes.

Now for the others as far as I've read , all the Executive is , is the 650 with the backrest included. Nothing special just a few accessories already included on the bike. As far as the 2004 coming with the electric folding mirrors and the ABS I've yet to see confirmation of this on any of the Suzuki Dealer web pages. Suzuki Canada are still advertising the 04 models coming in Silver and Blue and there is no mention of the colour Black . I've got the Toronto Motorcycle show here in 2 more days and will be better able to report to you all on this subject.

·
Registered
54 Posts
redbird 2 said:

redbird 2
Hi Redbird,

What has the Burger 650 exec got that the others have not.The 650 is a big old buzzard ,how do you think you will get on filtering over here in good old blighty,at the moment i'm riding a piaggio x9,i want to up grade to a bigger scooter,weather or not i'll stick to x9's or try the burger 400,which i've heard some good reports about.I due to upgrade early next year the price of the 400 burger is just about inside my budget.dont know about the service intervals or price of service's,have you got any info on services.The x9 is every 4000 miles for all models and if memory serves me right about £120/£140.

The 650 should blast along with you wieght on it my 125 will cruise all day at 65/70 mph with my 15 stone sprawled across it.Do they do a radio for the burger,at the NEC motorcycle & Scooter Show in Birmingham UK,i looked at a silver wing with all the extras,radio was an over extra 400GBP which comes out about nearly 800 dollars for you guys in the states,you could have a CD player as well,but this took up a hell of a lot of room in the under seat storage area.Does the burger take 2 full face lids or 1 full face & 1 open face. :lol:

Regards

Steve 8)

·
Registered
100 Posts
650 burger

redbird, i was riding a zrx 1200r. i also had an sv650. as wierd as it may sound, the 650 burgman is more fun to ride than either one of those. i think you might enjoy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts