Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Given a choice (like that radio button allows you to choose more than one :), what if your preferenc

• A. Bigger engine - 750cc or larger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Smaller, lighter body

• C. Bigger body for gas/storage

• D. Both A & B

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been much discussion about needing a more powerful burgman, and it seems like there are 50% of people who may feel either the burman 650 is too big or too small. I wonder what kind of changes you would like to see in Burgman 650. Since there is a 400 engine around, I am leaving that choice out.

·
Super Moderator
20,090 Posts
I think the power is fine, but I would like to see a slightly larger machine, (bigger tires & suspension upgrade). The 650 is great for touring (power wise), but the ride could be better.

If thats the only way to get a better ride, is with a bigger engine, I would go that route.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You left out "larger (or taller) windscreen". I tested several scoots, and all had the same problem.... windscreen wouldn't keep the wind out of my face.

So I got the Burgman 650 because of a better deal and the most HP in the bunch. My GIVI windscreen is on it's way.

Dave B.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I agree with Jim, and would add that a larger fuel capacity would turn the 650 into the mile-gobbler it really wants to be.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just please, consider this. Much bigger, bigger tires, bigger heavier engine, and you start dealing with all of the reasons we got off of conventional motorcycles in the first place.

Oh, and my vote is for a bigger windscreen from the factory.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
You might want to add an E option for those who think the Burgman 650 doesn't need any changes.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I'm a power hound! :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
captainfish said:
... make the butt on that baby a little bit bigger and it can hold a bit more gas.
Oh yes!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
What I want most is a better quality suspension. Ride quality could easily be improved without compromising handling. A bigger engine sounds nice at first, but it would likely bump the machine into a higher insurance bracket. Not sure that I'd want that.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Baby's GOT BACK - donchaknow! 8) It oughtta have the "go" to match that "show"! :)

Again, agree with PauljoMan - Better suspension (air adjustable), plus (imo) a bigger tank.... but, more gas!? - Plumb it through the frame! (way too intricate tho.. :cry: ) plus (imo) a smaller arse, another 200cc (or an iddy-biddy supercharger), and a "grabbier" manual mode! I prsnly don't like that big booty on my pie - but - hey i like the upswept pipe on mine but I'd like a bit more grumble from the thumble! :wink: ! go figure.

If I'm touring I'll strap the stuff down or hang it off the side. Just leave me enough space under the seat for a xxl helmet, a subwoofer, gloves, a few odds and ends, and a big leather jacket.

Just make this baby unload the forks when I hit 2nd!! :twisted:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
4DThinker said:
You left out "larger (or taller) windscreen". I tested several scoots, and all had the same problem.... windscreen wouldn't keep the wind out of my face.

So I got the Burgman 650 because of a better deal and the most HP in the bunch. My GIVI windscreen is on it's way.
I think the tall windscreen available in Canada would be perfect for me. My GIVI is about 2 inches too tall for me, and the stock is a good 6 inches too short. :)

Actually, I had one more selection: both A & C, but the poll only allowed four choices.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
A curious thing.
I see people asking for a bigger engine.

Don't know why, it would just cost more, use more gas, and insure for more.

I just came from the comagination site and did a "selection by bike" search.
See what I found?

Didn't know there was a Burgman 800 in 2003-04 :)

"Burgman400(2003-04), Burgman650(2003-04), Burgman800(2003-04), V-Strom, SV650S, SV1000, SV1000S, GSXR1300"

http://www.comagination.com/modSuzuki.htm

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
roy_ryall said:
billmeek said:
You might want to add an E option for those who think the Burgman 650 doesn't need any changes.
My vote is for E.
Yeah, the purpose of this poll is: if there is one change needed...
Thus, perhaps Suzuki can keep 400 and 650 the way they are today, and add to the lineup an AN850 or AN1000 with the body of an AN750. :)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts