Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
Went for a ride in the Catskill Mountains of central/eastern NY:

Ecoregion Map Terrestrial plant Screenshot Font

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Pattern Parallel

Here's a 16-minute chunk, while I was still in Greene County (before crossing over to the east side of the Hudson River, for a lunch stop in Rhinebeck, and then more sedate riding):

... and a much shorter chunk, near the end of the day:

Reactions: Dave_J and JRoss

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
Went for a late morning and early afternoon ride on my C 400 GT, heading east, from NY into MA, then north into VT, and looping back around south and west:

Map Font Terrestrial plant Rectangle Pattern

Map Font Screenshot Pattern Parallel

Here's a ten-minute chunk on the way back, going up Petersburg Pass (Rt. 2) on the MA side and coming down on the NY side:

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Dentist appointment today. By cage = 11 miles. By bike = 28 miles. I took the bike :giggle:

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
Well, not today, but yesterday I did a goofing-off loop, about 230 miles, through western MA on my C 400 GT:
Map Pattern Terrestrial plant Atlas Font

Here are two short chunks of that ride, sort of in the middle of the upper part of the loop:

Attachments

Reactions: Rusty J and JRoss

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Did the 6000 mile oil/filter change and maintenance on the AK. A little early at 5842 miles on the odometer. The oil change counter showed 173 miles past the proper interval but that was due to doing the 3000 mile oil change earlier than I needed to. From now on the schedule calls for oil/filter change every 6000 miles. No plastic was removed for this service, even though the filter is located in front of the engine (like the Burgman 650) yet covered by a bottom cover panel (unlike the Burgman 650). I used a filter wrench made for BMW oil filters which is what the AK also uses... Hiflofiltro HF164. So I was able to use a socket ratchet handle to spin off and then on the filter.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Car

Also checked the air filter and final drive timing belt. Kymco calls it the timing belt anyway. I guess to differentiate between that and the CVT drive belt. The only 2 belts on the bike.
Air filter was clean so the scheduled replacement at 20K miles will work out. The final drive timing belt tension is well within spec so no adjustment needed there either. The air filter is under the panel in the step over hump and is really easy to get to.

Rectangle Wood Gas Tints and shades Electric blue

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
11 miles out, 230 miles back:

Well, not today, but two days ago, I had an errand to do: drop off something at a relative's house, 11 miles away. So I did that, and then took the long way home -- the errand is the little squiggle, the little pigs-tail, etc., at the lower left-hand corner:
Map Terrestrial plant Parallel Screenshot Font

Here's an eleven-minute chunk of the ride home (this is sort of across the top of the loop):

Attachments

Reactions: Tromper and JRoss

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Nice day so took the AK out for a short little ride to pick up a few sale items at the local grocery. Some fit under the seat and some fit on top.
2.9 miles round trip by cage. 17 miles by AK. :giggle:

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Haven't been out on a ride in the rain for a while. 😁

Reactions: Tromper

·
Super Moderator
15,720 Posts
Personally I'm OK with that.
I'm sure they'll be plenty of rain riding available for me in a month or two, then for the next 5 or so...

Haven't been out on a ride in the rain for a while. 😁

• Sad
Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
23,648 Posts
Tromper, Don't let them know its been 90+ F here for weeks and NO rain for about a month. My water bill is $680 for 2 months now. Those members down in Arizona and Texas may move up here being its winter time to them.

• Love
Reactions: Tromper

·
Super Moderator
15,720 Posts
S'what you get for watering your grass.

Tromper, Don't let them know its been 90+ F here for weeks and NO rain for about a month. My water bill is $680 for 2 months now. Those members down in Arizona and Texas may move up here being its winter time to them.

·
Administrator
23,648 Posts
S'what you get for watering your grass.
Like wow man, a good BUZZ. 😎

Do not water the grass, its brown. I water the 50 or so Rhododendron's, Azaleas, Japanese Maple trees, Huckleberry bush's, 100 Douglas Fir trees......
Flower Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Leaf Tree
Plant Flower Plant community Branch Natural landscape

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Not really what I did WITH my Kymco specifically, but what I did FOR my Kymco today.
Since we all live under the stigma of supply chain problems these days I ordered both front and rear tires for my AK 550. I like the OEM Metzeler Feel Free tires that came on it so ordered the same. The price was as good as I can find from RevZilla. Found out they have a military discount through GovX. Ended up costing me under $275 for both tires including sales tax. That actually ended up being a good price for both front and rear. It will be several thousand miles before I need to replace them but figured if it takes longer to get stuff delivered in general I'd get those on order now just to have them when I need them. I'll be removing the wheels myself and taking them in to a local shop to replace the tires when the time comes.

Thinking about ordering the CVT belt also just to have it on hand for the same reason (delayed or extended delivery times). And maybe even the final drive belt later on.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Another day, another shopping trip. Turned a 2.6 mile round trip into 15 miles
;D

Checking the oil level after every ride like I usually do right after an oil change just to look for leaks and drips. Level is staying constant right at the mid point of the dip stick and there are no drips anywhere so all is good.

Received email that my front tire shipped, no ETA however. But an alert about shipping delays. Nothing about the rear tire so who knows when that will ship or from where. Have read on other forums how some riders have their rides at the shop waiting for stuff as mundane as an oil filter with no news when those parts will arrive. If it was me I'd run to Autozone or even Walmart and just get a compatible oil filter unless that particular bike needs a really special, as in SPECIAL, filter. And if that is the case then I would be certain to have several on hand just to avoid those kinds of delays for simple stuff.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
Not today, but yesterday, on my C 400 GT, went south in NY for a bit, and took some new-to-me roads east into MA, for a 150-mile loop:
Map Terrestrial plant Font Parallel Screenshot

Here's a 10-minute video from early in the loop (crossing into MA) ...

... and a 6-minute chunk later in the day (crossing back into NY):

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
took the tractor out wandering for about 275 miles (DP knows the area). stopped at the copperhead look out tower in shawnee state park...didn't bring the cajones so left the tractor on the forest service road instead of riding it up to the base of the tower.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Sky Cloud Plant Tower Tree

found a grasshopper for DP 👍 (it was trying to get a free ride on the 1200 scrambler)
Wood Automotive tire Tree Twig Scaled reptile

and stopped in the otway covered bridge to cool off for a few
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

the 1200 scrambler belongs to a colleague. don't worry piglet is due for some tlc, probably next week.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts