Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless I missed it I didn’t see a thread like this, if it’s a copy you can delete it.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put a new locking seat latch on the 05 650 with a 12” fishing leader as a emergency pull to open it up Incase keys get lost or locked under the seat.

Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Registered
151 Posts
I walked passed it twice today in the garage as I was getting into/out of my truck going to/from work today. 98 percent humidity, 103 degree heat index. Nuff said.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
95* heat index here and 50% humidity which is high in central Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I put a Papa Murphy’s Pizza under the seat….. and smiled at my local gas station as I drove on by.
95* heat index here and 50% humidity which is high in central Minnesota.

An old man could mold in those conditions 😃

·
Registered
2020 Burgman 400
28 Posts
Unless I missed it I didn’t see a thread like this, if it’s a copy you can delete it.
I got my new 400's vanity plate today! Now it really feels like it's mine! 😃

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Reactions: Imold

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put my laptop and gymbag under the seat,.went to gym, then commuted to work. A guy in a 3 wheel Slingshot waved at me. I waved back, I think we got each other on our gopro's, I haven't checked. Oh..at the gym some guy parked a scooter next to mine,..a white Ice Bear 50cc. It looked like my Burgman 200, only in miniature; probably what my 200 would look like next to a 650.

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
I put my laptop and gymbag under the seat,.went to gym, then commuted to work.
sounds like me except for the work part. I went to the gym and continued on half a block to the burger store. In my defense, I did slow down and look in the window at the gym.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
sounds like me except for the work part. I went to the gym and continued on half a block to the burger store. In my defense, I did slow down and look in the window at the gym.
You were just hoping to get a glimpse of scantily-clad sweaty women.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I went to Harbor Freight today and purchased a little air compressor to fill the 400's tires. It was always a pain in the butt filling the valves on those little wheels. Always putting it off so I didn't have to deal with it. I have some angled valve stems but waiting for the tires to wear out to replace them. The only air pump I had that fit them before was one that was powered from your 12 volt outlet and had to screw the valve on. And I was always cutting up my knuckles trying to get it on. This quiet pump works great and fills up the tires in 2 seconds. I had a 20% off coupon for Harbor Freight this weekend but the fine print says can't use on compressors so I got 20% off the hose. Now I also have a source of compressed air to blow dust out of things.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
saturday I took the burgie on a little run, from here to Yeehaw junction, avg speed 50 mph gas mileage 72.3 turned around at Yeehaw and came back to Bartow, gas mileage 61.4 avg speed 60 with small bursts, some with a 9 in the front part,
worse mileage on the way back cause it's uphill.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Three things actually, I installed Puig brake lever closed cell foam covers. Reinstalled front fender with a new ExtendaFender, I chose to use the river method. White bike and I like the black river contrast. And finally I installed my new Sit&Fly seat cover on my 2009 AN650K9. It was a bit of a fight up front where the seat on its side view where the thickest the 1st Velcro strap you could pull it tight ok but because there is a raised portion behind battery area when the seat was closed it formed an inverted U on the strap and ripped the Velcro apart. Using a properly sized bungee cord I hooked the heavily made outside seam with a hook on either side that are invisible and keep proper tension on cover. For now replacing my Bead Rider that I had completely redid the stitching on.Overall happy with the fit and look of the cover Tomorrow I'll torque axle and bake parts after I look up the specs. Then off for a ride maybe, if the weather cooperates. All of that after last Mondays L4-L5 epidural back steroid injections for the first time. I'm feeling some better already, takes weeks to fully see results. I'm looking forward to that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I received and put the left side storage cover on my 05 650 and replaced a few push fasteners that were weak or missing, the right front turn single assembly should be here Saturday or Monday.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts