Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 650 Executive, 13,000.

Went for a short ride last night, pulled in the garage and turned it off. Realized I didn't pull up far enough and it would not start. Would not even turn over. Looked at the dash and the temperature bars are at 5 and the coolant light is on and Check is on. Even this morning, same thing. Checked fan, not bound up, checked fused, not blown.
I just got the bike and changed the oil, and coolant on Saturday. Everything was fine on a short ride then.

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
checked the position of the "Kill switch" ?
Yes, 'chec' light comes on when this switch is on. You may have knocked it in your fumbling. 'Tis easily done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi LeDude, thanks for your reply. I will double check all the fuses when I get home tonight. I could not find any blown last night. It's dead in the fact that when I turn it on the dash lights, temperature (5 bars), ABS (normal) and coolant light (not normal) come on. Push the starter and nothing happens.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Check your battery terminals. They may be loose or corroded. Don't just check the start circuit on top of the battery shield, also pull it up and check the actual terminals on the battery under the shield.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, does the forum have an award for the dumbest member? It was the kill switch.
Thank you to everyone who replied.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Don't feel too badly. I seriously doubt you're the only one who has experienced this ... self included : )

·
Administrator
18,738 Posts
Well maico1, The next DUH moment is when you turn the key to the left to lock the steering but go 1 click too far and have a dead battery because the rear parking light was on. Most of have done these DUMB SNIT things before.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Well, does the forum have an award for the dumbest member? It was the kill switch.
Thank you to everyone who replied.
Been there, done that. You are not alone.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The first day I bought my second scooter I stopped by a friends house. When I went to leave and my scooter wouldn't start. I called the shop I bought the scooter from and the shop owner told me to check the kill switch. I told him that I had ridden a scooter for a few years and I never used the kill switch and I would know if I had used it. He said humor me so I looked and sure enough either my friend or I had bumped the kill switch. I apologized to shop owner and he laughed and said most everyone did it and I was not alone. After being a member of several scooter sites for a few years I have come to realize that most anytime someone can't get their scooter started and the check light is on it's almost a guarantee that their kill switch is on. Now next time you read someone can't get their scooter started and the check light is on if you are the first one to read the post you can tell them to check their kill switch. It's called learning by experience and experience is a very good teacher. :cool:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Mine usually occurs because I park my helmet on that side of the handle bar,

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I was riding with a mate in France and we were parked up at the side of the road while I went behind a tree for a pee. Returning, I saw my mate kicking his front tyre in anger because his Honda 600 wouldn't start. I could see that the kill switch was on. I calmly kicked the front tyre while secretly flipping the switch saying 'you're not kicking it properly' and then started his bike. I let him cook for a bit before I told him.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well maico1, The next DUH moment is when you turn the key to the left to lock the steering but go 1 click too far and have a dead battery because the rear parking light was on. Most of have done these DUMB SNIT things before.
Done the kill switch, had another motorcycle rider come in and let me know my lights were on. Lucky for me it was before I killed the battery. So I get both DUH moments.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We all over look the common things from time to time,no need to be so hard on yourself.Mistakes do happen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts