Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a manual for the 400 and so I have a question for the group.
What color are the wires from the turn signal switch, on the handle bars, into the wire harness?
I know (I think it's an industry standard) the Ground (or negative) is Black, but I don't know the "hot" wires for left and right.
Can one of you fine folks post the info, or PM me?
Thanks very much.
Jac Vinson
MotorMate mfg
Scooter Accessories
http://www.rvtoys.net

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
In my manual, (2001!!), the Turn Signal Light Switch has the following wire colour codes:

Dg = (I assume dark green but it is not given in the table of wire colours.
P = Purple
Ch= Not given in table!

Lg= Light Green
Sb=Light Blue
B = Black

Dg - serves front right
P - goes to/from the general light switch (I take it that is powered from ignition switch).
Ch serves front left

Lg serves rear right (but also goes to front right?)
Sb comes from fuse box and Lighting switch
B serves rear left but also goes to front left

The front and rear turn signal light fittings seem to be grounded by a BW cable, as are the headlight and rear light.

CAVEAT:

These are all taken from the 2001 manual, not checked on the bike, and my eyesight really struggles with the rather poor drawing. I would offer to scan and send but it will be really poor considering the quality of the manual.

Does all that make sense?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Jac, my manual for "03 and '04 lists lg (lite green) for right turn sig, b (black) for left turn, and lbl (lite blue) for fuze, hazard. Theres a BW (black/white) that connects both sides of turn sigs. I had to access these to install turn signal cancellation device. Beyond that I'm dumber than dirt re' electrics.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
ted clement said:
Jac, my manual for "03 and '04 lists lg (lite green) for right turn sig, b (black) for left turn, and lbl (lite blue) for fuze, hazard. Theres a BW (black/white) that connects both sides of turn sigs. I had to access these to install turn signal cancellation device. Beyond that I'm dumber than dirt re' electrics.
Ted

So it is the same!
Exept early Burgers do not have the Hazard light functon.
You just said it more efficiently. So you ain't that dumb with electrickery. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts