Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best changes to make to a Burgman 650 for long-distance touring?

Can anyone recommend good wind deflectors for the leg/footrest area and throttle handgrips?

·
Registered
806 Posts
For long distance touring

What are the best changes to make to a Burgman 650 for long-distance touring?

Can anyone recommend good wind deflectors for the leg/footrest area and throttle handgrips?
I'm old and need creature comforts when I ride. With the following you WILL be comfortable. Utopia backrest, Breakaway cruise control (throttle lock type), Air Hawk 2-seat cushion, MotoCentric- Mototrek Roll Tail Bag, Ear Plugs from www.earplugsonline.com Analog clock mounted on the right mirror, Foam handle bar grips, modulating headlights, GPS mounted on Ram mount with sun shield, super bright flashing stoplight, winter and summer gloves with gauntlets, If you like to ride fast a good Radar detector, proper sized Clearview windshield, emergency portable 1 QT fuel bottle as used for camp stove, The largest top box Givi makes.

I could go on but I think you get the idea. If you need further info send me a private message.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Everyone's different. I needed better back support so I added A Utopia Backrest. HUGE difference for me! A throttle lock is my next investment. I just ordered a Go Cruise controll. I have a Clearview XL windshield with the vent. That gives me better wind protection, including for my hands. The stock body work is good enough for me and my legs. I have a T-bag, but haven't needed to use it. I will this summer on my trip to Alaska. Airhawk, Beads, or other gel pad may be needed for long distance riding. I added a Wally World cup holder. Keeping hydrated is important.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Marv has got it pegged as far as comfort items go. I would suggest that fitting a pair of leg deflectors would add to that. I have just completed an inter-state trip of 2700Ks with a set of deflectors from Zweirad Grisse fitted and can thoroughly recommend them. They are mentioned elsewhere in this forum......Try the search function.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Back A Line belts

Add an Air Hawk , Back A Line belt and Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage duffle bag and you're ready to go.
Hey Richard,

Do the Back A Line belts really help? I researched them on the internet but don't trust testimonials as they could be phony.

Marv

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It depends. Are you going solo or 2-up?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Cramp-Buster for the throttle, a tailbag, and a full tank of gas. You're ready!
Not quite.

If you've got more than 4,000 miles on the rear tire, replace it; do an oil change in any case -- THEN you're ready, since that puts the main scheduled/normal-wear maintenance 3500 miles into the future.

For reference, that's the distance from Seattle to Key West.

If by chance you ARE going from Seattle to Key West and back, replace both tires and do a complete oil change first, and pack an oil filter so you can replace just the engine oil (it's pretty easy) when you reach the end of the outbound trip. And post pictures! :p

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've never ridden stock. I bought mine with a "couple" of options and I like them all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts