Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thinking more about the ISO part ( no pun intended), I guess they could pass an audit, demonstrating they keep an internal log of serial number ranges, within the VIN’s and referenced changes tied to those SN#’s.

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
4,190 Posts
Getting my SM out and looking at the electrical diagrams I am reminded that the one for my Burgman covers USA (except California), Canada, and E99 (which is all other countries/areas not listed in the chart in my manual. So I guess the electrical diagram for my Burgman also applies to many more than just 10 other locations, but excludes all others in the chart below other than those I mentioned.

The countries/areas listed in my manual are:
E02: UK
E03: USA except California
E14: Thailand
E19: EU
E24: Australia
E28: Canada
E33: California
E38: Taiwan
E51: Korea
E99: all others except those listed above

I think these match up with the chart that was posted before. That E99 code is what Suzuki uses within the manual to indicate what details apply or don't apply same as the other codes. So again, an internal reference. Most details in the SM apply to all countries/areas. There are some details that only apply to USA including California. And other details that apply only to California. And still other details that apply only to other countries/areas. Thus the need for these codes within the SM or any other place where a country/area identification is needed to ensure getting the right details or parts.

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
4,190 Posts
See, we all CAN have a bit of fun on motorcycle/scooter forums!

BTW- Air National Guard plus US Navy retired here.

Reactions: RetiredCAF

·
Administrator
22,070 Posts
LoL, I'm cracking up here and I can't help but throw in some sarcasm. Thanks for all the input fellas, great to know that there is a solid community ready to help an old retired Air Force guy but ....................What Burgman do I have? LoL, LoL, LoL.

You have a fast Burgman. It may NOT be the fastest BLUE one but it is still fast. Blue shift is faster.

Retired = Tired again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day all,

Just bought a 2013 Burgman 650 from a chap in Quebec, Canada. He spoke no English so I didn't get as much info about the bike as I would have liked. It only came with a French User Manual that is listed on the cover as "AN650/Z". Two things if anyone can help me;

1. What bike do I have (AN650/Z or AN650/A,) and if I'm not sure how do I find out? Not sure I trust that the manual is for the bike. It came with heated seat and grips.

2. What's the difference between a 650/A and a 650/Z?

3. Where is the best place to order a User Manual and a Service Manual for the 650? I don't want the photo copied one.

Thanks All

Steve from Ontario.
I ordered user manual from suziki. Pricy but only place i found. I did not get service manual.
I service yearly by suziki local dealer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good day all,

Just bought a 2013 Burgman 650 from a chap in Quebec, Canada. He spoke no English so I didn't get as much info about the bike as I would have liked. It only came with a French User Manual that is listed on the cover as "AN650/Z". Two things if anyone can help me;

1. What bike do I have (AN650/Z or AN650/A,) and if I'm not sure how do I find out? Not sure I trust that the manual is for the bike. It came with heated seat and grips.

2. What's the difference between a 650/A and a 650/Z?

3. Where is the best place to order a User Manual and a Service Manual for the 650? I don't want the photo copied one.

Thanks All

Steve from Ontario.
That's such a shame if you happen to have an Android phone you had the means to talk with him in your pocket with a program on your phone. Google Translate. Open app choose languages on top. Use microphone speak your words, it will translate and speak their language, by handing back and forth you can carry a decent conversation. I ran a body shop in Sturgis Mi. The city
Has a large Mexican population, many adults would bring teens that were bilingual which helped also. Spend a few minutes look it over to see what a useful tool it an be. And all that for free!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts