Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In no particular order

Never seize, works as a lube on metal to metal stuff that moves slowly or infrequently

Lok ease, graphite in a very light oil, good for locks & cables, loosens up old hard grease

White lightening bicycle chain wax, another dry lube, it doesn't attract dust, good to keep the seat latch cable free

Black Paint Marker https://www.acehardware.com/departments/home-and-decor/office-supplies/markers-and-highlighters/2404382
Doesn't fade like a sharpie, good for layout, touching up the frame or anything black

Lock tite 290 green, works on assembled fasteners, stronger than the blue, weaker than the red

·
Premium Member
7,594 Posts
refrashing beverages, they make questionable wimmins look purty
wd 40, pops "balloons"
tequila, makes her clothes fall off(and makes me look good-er)
water, turns into ice
amoxycillin i.v., kills "bugs"
coffee, helps you find all them other things

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Cyanoacrylate adhesive ("Crazy Glue", Zap, etc.) in various formulations (instant, 30-second, gap-filling, plastic-compatible, etc.)
Nitromethane (catalyst for above, useful for the slower-curing variants).

Epoxy of varying cure rates, as needed.

Remember, anyone can accidentally glue their fingers together with cyanoacrylates -- it takes a real talent to glue one's fingers together with epoxy.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
  1. JB Weld.... no toolbox should be without it.
  2. Copper Grease.... for anti-seize
  3. Plexus.... for seeing clearly and removing bugs
  4. Armour All... for all the black bits..... EXCEPT the seat!!!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
  1. Plexus.... for seeing clearly and removing bugs
Hey Steve, I really like Plexus but think it’s over priced what’s your source and price paid ?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hey Steve, I really like Plexus but think it’s over priced what’s your source and price paid ?
Well I live in Toronto Canada and I see by my local shop that they want $39.95 for the 13 oz size. Of course that's in Canuck-bucks!
I still have a couple of cans in the garage but WOW, has it gone up in price. Used to be able to get it for around $25 but I see those days are over.
What I generally do is wait for the winter or spring bike shows and someone always has it on sale so when I see a deal, I grab a few cans. Generally I use one can per season so it doesn't hurt too much.

S.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Well I live in Toronto Canada and I see by my local shop that they want $39.95 for the 13 oz size. Of course that's in Canuck-bucks!
I still have a couple of cans in the garage but WOW, has it gone up in price. Used to be able to get it for around $25 but I see those days are over.
What I generally do is wait for the winter or spring bike shows and someone always has it on sale so when I see a deal, I grab a few cans. Generally I use one can per season so it doesn't hurt too much.

S.
Ouch ! It’s even more expensive now...I’ve still got a half a can from a door prize I won years ago at an Air Head Rally ...Great Stuff .

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

S.
Hey Steve, do you think this may be an alternative ....

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-PlastX-Plastic-Cleaner-Polish/dp/B0000AY3SR/ref=pd_cp_263_2?pd_rd_w=izNTX&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=V9R2ABRVY0Q676QZ68J8&pd_rd_r=b4d4da13-83b8-11e9-b5fd-65c62fe45754&pd_rd_wg=eIAn8&pd_rd_i=B0000AY3SR&psc=1&refRID=V9R2ABRVY0Q676QZ68J8

·
Registered
154 Posts
ACF-50: Stops Suzuki alloys crumbling to oxide-dust before the run-in period has even expired :)
Henry Westons Vintage Cider: for special jobs e.g. when a Tupperware tab snaps off or when brakes just won't bleed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts