Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the sun is getting bright these days here in Arizona. I have some cheap ones that I like, but my son dropped them today and I noted that they "chipped" a little at one corner...they look like glass. Probably NOT what I want to be wearing in an accident (even if i'm wearing my helmet like I ALWAYS do). So, I am starting the search for some nice sunglasses.

The thing I like about my current pair?
They are fairly dark - the darker the better for me and this sun!
They wrap fairly tightly to my face - little light gets in around the edges and I don't "see" much of the frame on my periphery.
They slide in easily between my head and the helmet and don't hurt my ears...

Now, with that said, anyone have any suggestions about a new pair for me that have the above 3 traits and are "unbreakable?"

Hoping to keep the cost down a bit - Less than $50?

Thanks for any and all suggestions. Oh, and I even have a strip of sunblock on my helmet visor for those really bright days. My visor is clear otherwise.

I've wondered if any of those tinted visors would be a better investment...Anyone have a visor that is very heavily tinted? I have an HJC helmet...

thanks again.

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mi SeaRider said:
... I switched out the clear for the darkest tint they had (not the mirrored), as 99% of my riding is daytime. I always wear my prescription sunglasses under the tinted visor--the combination of the two gets it about right for me. The clear visor was way too bright for sunny riding.
Thanks everyone. I think the quote above matches me - about 99% of my riding is daytime riding, and is even moreso during the summer when it seems like it doesn't get dark here til 10 pm. AND, I live west of where I work which is the exact opposite of what I should do - I'm always riding directly into the sun. I don't have prescription sunglasses, but I wear contacts 99% of the time.

I think I'll try a combination of the ultra-dark visor and some moderately cheap sunglasses. If I'm caught in the dark, i'll keep my old clear shield in the trunk and snap it back in if needed. Definitely like the performancebike glasses and the zurich ones. Never thought of bicycle shades, but they should be pretty good.

Thanks everyone.

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lilleyen said:
Yup. I've got that on my helmet already. It helps, but when the sun is shining just barely over the horizon, it's kinda tough to see still. I think a combination of heavily tinted helmet visor, this product, and good sunglasses are the best that I can do...

Did I say my father has macular degeneration, so this is a big deal to me...gotta protect the eyes from sunlight.

Of course, he has smoked for 70+ years too, and has welded most of his life...that doesn't help either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.