Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After writing off my 2011 late last year I now have the problem of an appropriate mount for my new 2014, what are my best options? Also, how do I get the backrest off? Seems different to the 2011(don't want to break it..)?:-|

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Presently Suzuki offer OEM mount plate for top case, GIVI offer same top plate for top case.

No side case mount rack presently that know of for 2014.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After writing off my 2011 late last year I now have the problem of an appropriate mount for my new 2014, what are my best options? Also, how do I get the backrest off? Seems different to the 2011(don't want to break it..)?:-|
I have an L4 model with the Givi Blade top box. What I did was purchase the Suzuki topbox mounting kit as it has a metal plate. I then used the abs mounting plate that came with the top box and drlled four holes in the Suzuki plate to match and then put it all together.
One thing to remember is that niether Givi or suzuki supply a passenger cover for where you remove the rear back rest so you need to order this in the colour of your scooter. You will need to drill three holes in this new cover for where the mounts go through. Notice:- there are two short ones and one long one. Long one goes to the front
To remove rear back rest - pull the lower part of the rubbery back rest towards the front (not too far) - it will pop off the mounts, then lift up. You can then see the screws to remove the rest of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts