Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It dawned on me that I change oils, oil filter & air filter where is the FUEL Filter?? I hope it's not one of those mounted in the fuel tank!!!
LeDude--- what do you have to say? I can't find anything at your site.:confused:

Rich

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Granted, it is a high pressure fuel system but why can't Suzuki design an external fuel filter?

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Most fuel injected cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. have the fuel filters in the tank and they usually last the life of the vehicle. I've had 7 motorcycles/scooters and 15 or 20 cars/trucks with fuel injection and I've never had a problem with the filter with any of them and some went 200,000 miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
osbornk,

Thank you, your insight helps relieves my concern. It was crazy that we maintain all the other facets of our scooters except the fuel filter. Lets hope the fueling stations maintain their filters, otherwise we could face a expensive situation.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Most fuel injected cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. have the fuel filters in the tank and they usually last the life of the vehicle. I've had 7 motorcycles/scooters and 15 or 20 cars/trucks with fuel injection and I've never had a problem with the filter with any of them and some went 200,000 miles.[/QUOTE

I had a Nissan Micra for over 9 years and never needed to touch the easily-accessible fuel filter.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
It also helps to put in a can of Sea Foam every oil change to keep the injectors clean.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I too was suprized that there was no external filter but here's another way to think about it. When I had my garage business I would always replace the fuel filter when we replaced a fuel pump. I noticed that most of them had never been replaced since new.Now were talking about a 10 year old car with 100+K miles. Think about all the volume of fuel that had to flow threw that pump to keep that 6 or 8 cyclinder engine running? Now think about our 2cyclinder Zuki's . The small volume of fuel compared to a car. I've got over 52K on mine with no fuel problems. Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts