Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say but WOO HOO!! I actually enjoyed myself today instead of constantly working in order to ride.
We took off around 1 o'clock to get insurance and inspection sticker, registration has to wait -( title/tax office was closed for the holiday), went and ate lunch around 1:30 and then off we went. We went almost 200 miles through the twisties of the national forest. I led for a while and it was very fun. When we left, it was around 50 degrees. Half way through the ride I found my hands had gone numb. I think I will look into buying thse grip covers Suzuki sells. We even went to the local walmart for a bit. Dear Hubby used my storage space instead of his own saddlebags. He even used my helmet holder deal. LOL I took off from a stop light and left him behind. At the next light he caught up to me laughing. He twisted his throttle so his pipes could rattle at me...I twisted mine a little and it just puttered. lol. So I picked a good name for the bike. Putterbug. Pinwheel's Putterbug truley fits now.
Anyhow, my back doesn't hurt a bit, I kept up with the B better than I ever had before. I will never go back to something I have to shift. It was 40 degrees when we got home. Wind chill with the 70mph we ran most of the way is about 10 degrees. BBBrrrrrrrrr....

Anyhow, I had a great time for the first time while actually riding the bike alone. Easy to handle and great to ride. I told be I was ready for a 650 now and he just laughed at me. Said maybe in a year or so.

Thanks to everyone that put up with my continuous whining about wanting a Burgman. I am happy (for now.)[650 whining soon...LOL]

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Poor Billy ... all he'll hear now is, "Ready to go riding? When we going riding?" :lol: Glad you're having a great time on your new toy Nancy. Knew you would. :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...I am already looking forward to the coming weekend.

my mother in law sure is going to get tired of babysitting.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Glad to hear you had so much fun. You are lucky you have a riding partner. My mate doesn't really enjoy it. Sez he'd rather be out walking in the woods (go figure!).

As far as back pain is concerned, I tend to get lower back pain after some extended riding - usually after an hour or so. I bought the Back-a-lign support belt and think it will do wonders. Too chilly to ride to test it out here in VA, but you can bet it will see good use come warmer temps.

During this limited riding season, I will add a few accessories and apply the metallic silver Cycle Graphics flames to my silver 650. Between my husband, son, and the painters this summer, the Burgman got a couple of minor nicks in the paint. Guess I could probably wet sand them out, but the flames sound much more fun with lots less work.

I'm happy to see more women joining the Burgman camp. Riding our own is SO much fun.

Madonna

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know what you are talking about Nancy :p , had my first ride three weeks ago and still have the smile on my face.

Hope the weather will get better in few weeks, so I can ride and ride and ride and ride and r................ :D

Cheers

Slepejs

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am SOOOO Jealous!

But also really happy for you . . . and looking forward to being really able to empathize when my replacement BlueBurg arrives. Hopefully soon! Since I'm new to the board, I don't know people's histories, so I'm wondering if this is your first bike (as my AN400 will be for me) or whether you're progressing from something else. I totally agree with the "shiftlessness" thing; it was a major determinant in choosing the Burgman for my first venture onto the "front seat" . . . I can't WAIT!!!

Keep enjoying . . . and keep posting . . . I'll enjoy reading about all the fun others are having and looking forward to finding some other scooterbugs in the Central Florida area once I'm able to venture out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My wife and I plan on touring down to visit friends in GA this Spring, so maybe we can meet up for a ride as we pass through VA? Tina (my wife) has no interest in learning to ride herself, she justs likes to sit on the back and enjoy the scenery.

Enjoy your scoot - RIDE SAFE!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Glad your first ride was so good, Nancy! It gets better.... the more you ride the less you'll concentrate on operating the new bike and the more you'll enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: I am SOOOO Jealous!

VixBurg said:
so I'm wondering if this is your first bike (as my AN400 will be for me) or whether you're progressing from something else. I totally agree with the "shiftlessness" thing; it was a major determinant in choosing the Burgman for my first venture onto the "front seat" . . . I can't WAIT!!!
I have ridden a 1995 Suzuki VS800 and a 2003 Suzuki Volusia (805cc). They are great bikes just not for me or my back. I felt very uncomfortable in general on the Volusia. And the burgman is just wonderful for me.
I hope you get your replacement Burgman soon.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
Nancy

That is a truly great name for your Burger - Putterbug! Brilliant!

I never took your verbal expression of impatience as whining just premptive enthusiasm. :wink:

I am really pleased for you that it is working out for you and the reality is living up to the expectation! Hope you are getting in plenty of low speed manoeuvring practice too. :wink:

Have fun (I am a little jealous).
NormanB

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NormanB said:
Nancy

Hope you are getting in plenty of low speed manoeuvring practice too. :wink:

Have fun (I am a little jealous).
NormanB
Dang, I knew I was forgetting to do something. :wink:
The only place to practice is gated up on sundays and holidays. I won't be able to try anything until next weekend and I have the group fund raiser I am working. But I will practice. It's on my never ending To Do List.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Nancy,

School parking lots are great places to practice on. They are usually empty on the weekends.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm glad to hear you finally got your scooter. :lol: I love mine. I got it in July and still have that permanent grin on my face. I pester my husband to death to ride every week-end possible. Thank goodness we live in Texas where you have a longer riding season. Only negative is all the rain we get around here, we don't ride in the rain if at all possible. Maybe we can get together sometime and ride. I'm just around the corner in Magnolia. Maybe I'll see you at the charity ride. Congrats again!!!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
khelton said:
I'm glad to hear you finally got your scooter. :lol: I love mine. I got it in July and still have that permanent grin on my face. I pester my husband to death to ride every week-end possible. Thank goodness we live in Texas where you have a longer riding season. Only negative is all the rain we get around here, we don't ride in the rain if at all possible. Maybe we can get together sometime and ride. I'm just around the corner in Magnolia. Maybe I'll see you at the charity ride. Congrats again!!!!
If y'all are going to Chilly Willy, I'll be working the Relay Station stop. Look for the silver Burgie 400. =)

The rain part is the only part I don't like. The cold I can handle.

Hope to see you soon!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
billmeek said:
Nancy,

School parking lots are great places to practice on. They are usually empty on the weekends.
School parking lots around here are patroled and it is illegal to be on the property when they are closed. That's what stinks about that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great Report!

It was great to hear how much you are enjoying your new ride. That's a great pic that you posted, you and your riding buddy look real happy. Relax and enjoy the lean. :lol:

·
Registered
30,277 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I was going to try to go out to the APlus course on Sunday but they will be holding class this weekend and next weekend. I will find a place soon. The next few weekends are booked with work around the house so I can practice in the road in front of my house. It's not very busy at all.

I am still very excited. I'll be bringing my camera on the run this weekend.

My little riding partner. :p He wants to ride so much but I won't allow it. He is too little and even when he's older I probably still won't allow it. Billy asked him, "did you see mama's new motorcycle?" His reply, "Daddy that's mama's SCOOTER" Only 3 and he knows...LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts