Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys.Weclome again to some more Skywave AN400 madness.Only one shot of my bike in this post.Sorry

Hop on the back of the skywave for another leasurely ride down the coast and into the historical feudal city of Hagi.

ALL CAPTIONS WILL READ FROM UNDER THE PHOTO

The same map as I posted for the Day 1 pictures in Matsue.Indicated in orange was the route taken for day two.

Up nice and early for the a short 100km ride down the coast to Hagi city.It was a beautiful day for riding and viewing some of the best coastline on the Japan sea.

It was so clear,I swear I could see North Korea in the distance :jk:

Even the skywave was enjoying the view with its back seat rasied(another bad joke.Heheheh).This picture was taken an hour down the coast from where I started.About 30km from Hagi.

Welcome to Hagi.This city played a very important role in the Meji restoration during the 1860s,a period of rapid change that took Japan from the feudal Edo era,into the industrial age.Some of the most influential people of the time came from this city and helped topple the Shogan and restore the modern and forward looking Meji Emperor to the throne in Tokyo(Edo).

Ironicly,much of this city has retained its feudal past.The castle was ordered by the government to be destroyed under the 'One castle.One Government' policy in the 1870s.The photo above shows where the castle once stood.

An aerial picture of the city.Obviously not taken by me.The Skywave doesnt fly...........Yet.

Here is a close up of the remaining moat area.

Within the grounds of the castle ruins,some of the original gardens remain

Another view of the moat walls.

Hagi is a coastal city located on the banks of a river delta with a population of only 50,000.

The residential streets in Hagi date back to the 1600s.The early Edo period.This area was originally where the Samurai's used to live.Here is a modern day one(known as a 'Salaryman') on his way home now to sharpen his sword for some head chopping on the weekend.

Closer to the center of town.Some tourist's enjoying a bit of sightseeing around the Pottery district.

There were hundreds of streets,taking you back to another time in Japanese history.And some of them were pretty crowded full of tourist's reminding you,with all their gagets and toys,what century you're living in.

On the other hand,plenty of streets were quiet and peaceful.

EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THE TOUR GUIDE!!!!!!!!!

Pottery is one of Hagi's most well known industries.

Many pottery shops line the age old streets.

School gang violence is a serious problem in Hagi.I was almost beaten up by these kids.Luckly I paid them protection money

Alot of the streets were lined by small water channels.Typical of Edo city design.Here is one such example with some of the city wildlife going for an afternoon swim.

One of the most famous shirnes in Hagi.Much like many shrines but with one notable exception.The symbol on this occasion was tilted on an angle.Strange.Obviously this was done hunderds of years before an infamous 20th Century dictator decided to hijack it for his own purposes.

The Temple and Shrine areas of the city were just spectacular.Out of this world.Here is one of the typical perdestrian areas.

Another impressive day's touring on the skywave.The sun is setting.Time to head back to the hotel for some beer and some of the local food.

Thankyou for sitting back and enjoying the ride

Brought to you by the Suzuki Skywave AN400.

Ride your dreams.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nick:

These are great tours, but you appararently missed the post from the moderator.

The size of the posts is a problem for those with slower hook-ups. The moderator requested that you put the photos in the Gallery, with appropriate comments/captions under them.

You can easily post the background message with a link to your gallery in a regular post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it a request?.I thought the moderator ment just that some of the Dial up users were having problems.Putting the pictures into a photo album like Sony Imagestaion will be alot slower for a dial up user.These pictures are only 100k each(about).Posting a link wont make any difference to how fast they come up on the screen.

Any other suggestions?.I really want to share my tours with you guys and feel that this is the best way to do it.Waiting a few minutes for the pictures to come isn't so bad isn't it?

With broadband they come up instantly.If they were 1 meg pics then it would be a different story

P.S

I didnt think anyone had Dail up anymore?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Some folks still have dialup. Even with dialup I would take the time to view your tours though. Since your posts are almost completely pictures (other than discription comments) perhaps a warning in the subject line?
I certainly can't speak for moderators or forum administration though!
Thanks again for the tour! In one of your first pictures off in the distance there appeared to be a spire/sail of some sort. Looking almost like a sundial vane with guy-wires. Any idea what that was?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pauljo said:
From our forum posting rules:

"Please limit the size of in-line images since some of our forum members are still using dial-up connections. Individual in-line images should not exceed 250k and if you post multiple in-line images, their combined size should not exceed 500k."
Oh really thats a pity.

I cant post my tours if the limit is 500k.

I will leave this discison up the moderators.I have many tours to post.If the moderators,who are responsible for this wonderful website,allow me to post my tours I will do so.If not I will respect their decison.

Its a great website.And I really believe alllowing the its members to post full tours on the world's best bike,either it be a 650,400 or a 250,will enhance the site and give its viewers a visual display of what the Burgman is capable of.It can only benifit the website.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Nick,

I'm on a DSL connection and it stil takes more than a few seconds to load. Once I've looked at the pics and come back to read any additional posts, sometimes it has to reload the images. I highly suggest using the gallery to post them. The members can then look at the thumbnails to select images to view, you can post the images in a larger resolution, and the images can be uploaded in sets easily.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
billmeek said:
Nick,

I'm on a DSL connection and it stil takes more than a few seconds to load. Once I've looked at the pics and come back to read any additional posts, sometimes it has to reload the images. I highly suggest using the gallery to post them. The members can then look at the thumbnails to select images to view, you can post the images in a larger resolution, and the images can be uploaded in sets easily.
I dont like to use the gallery for my tours.I prefer the viewer to see all the pictures as if they are on a journey.

Hmmmm.Difficult situation.This is the first time ive encountered this problem on a website.

What is wrong in waiting for the pictures to load a few seconds on DSL or a minute or two on Dail Up?

Picking up a photo album to view someone's holiday snaps takes longer

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Nick,

I can see Bill's (and other moderators) point. I've checked your tour 1 more than a dozen times just reading the Kudos to your tour. My situation is somewhat unique as I am on satellite and my bandwidth is lowered the more downloading I do. At work it isn't an issue (DSL). Also, I believe the bandwidth is raised (cost) for each time someone re-reads these posts checking the replies. If the pictures were in the gallery this would be minimized to each time someone takes one of your tours. Each tour can be named and setup as it's own album, all of which could be under one galley called NickSkywave's Tours (or whatever)
I understand your reluctance to try the gallery but I honestly think it would be more of a photo album type application than these posts are.
You can start at the first one and use the right arrow to advance through in sequence or can use the thumbnails and jump right to the picture you would like to view, at a higher resolution if desired. I'd hate to miss out on your tours and I hope you try it at least once in the gallery to see how easy it is. The instructions and login information is contained HERE.
Again, thanks for taking all of us with you and for all the time making your wonderful tours! I hope you decide to immortalize them into the gallery where they will be easily accessed and not disappear as the posts do (after time and new posts get higher on the page and new pages above them). I think you will find others will link them in posts as well as yours when you have a new tour link posted here! :D
I would go as far as to transfer one of your tours to the gallery to illustrate what I am saying but it's really not my place and I'm not nearly as experienced in the gallery as I've only done limited pics there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok.

I will try the gallery and explore my options there.

Thankyou very much for your advice and a big thankyou to the moderators in tolerating my large posts.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Your tours are a valuable addition and I just want to see them remain.
Thank YOU for all your efforts and energies which so many are able to enjoy! :D You make me want to rush out and take pictures for a tour myself! :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
For reading one post, it's not a big deal if you are on a high speed connection. Some of the forum members are not and I myself use a cell connection at times. But several of us read every post on the forum. That often requires reloading the same post again. With the large number of posts the forum has, the additional time adds up.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Nick,

I do hope you continue via the Gallery. You are a good photographer and your tours are in areas that many of us could not otherwise enjoy. The ability to capture a tour in pictures the way you do is remarkable.

·
Registered
857 Posts
pauljo said:
Nick,

I do hope you continue via the Gallery. You are a good photographer and your tours are in areas that many of us could not otherwise enjoy. The ability to capture a tour in pictures the way you do is remarkable.
I agree. Please keep presenting your tours (and everyone else!) on the gallery at least. I am not a world traveler, but enjoying photography and seeing places that one day (when I'm richer and sans kids) I hope to visit many places.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Keep posting your tours anyway you can; I, like many before me have enjoyed them eminsely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts