Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went upstate about 1.5 hours to a honda dealer that sells used and new scooters motorycles and cars.|

wow, what garbage spews from those salesmans mouths. "yes, its from an older guy" " a guy came in an hour before you and put a deposit so I told him, whoever comes and buys first, takes it" " theyre driving me crazy all day I had to remove the ad already"

the ad is still up. we came to the back. its with a cover. plays a good psychology game there making you think its been looked after. guy tries to start it. it wouldnt start for over a minute. finally it runs and DAM!! I immediately heard the bearings in the crank beginning their death. I said no way, engine is on the way out. sounds like a $2000 extra on the bill. he says "he doesnt know the scooter well" bs, my asz you dont

anyways, costed me $15 in travel fees and 3 hours of my time but saved $2000 in a present to me fee for repair. what a pos person. I wanted to break his face in

there may be someone who comes along and doesnt recognize that sound and will buy it without checking.
I was leary to pay for a check for any scooter im looking to buy but I say, its best to pay the $150 to have them check. theyll check many things and theyll give you their professional opinion on it and what parts may be faulty. like the variator plates may have groves, the discs may be past tolerance levels of 4mm and maybe the charging system isnt working properly. cheap is expensive.

im also including maxsym 600cc in my searches as there are not many choices for burgmans in the 2010-2014 range. 2013+ have too many matte gray color and thats a no no for me. sorry Sir Fester
G-Dub- white...? maybe. ill have to be a bit drunk. if it were pearl white, we can talk but that no depth white is meh. like its as if suzuki had leftover from painting their vitara and said lets use it on all burgmans.
give me black gloss or something else. even if you have white, youll have tons of black and theres no aesthetics to that. it needs to be clean.
I may have to save 20 or so days for my next salary and get something that costs more and around 23000 miles. obviously the more I pay the better the condition, theoretically, it should be.

heres another thing im thinking. those who have ads with deceiving pictures from angles where you cant assess the condition, or even few of them. or shooting under street lights at night or not shooting from different angles (front back both sides or no closeups or shot from afar)and little on the bike in the description, I say theres a reason why they did that. if you are confident in the condition of your ride, you will show it. if not, you wont include ALL info like miles, previous owners, giving some service history or explaining a bit about the bike or even writing the year and if it includes anything or doesnt. though the pictures show the top box and mount, so the least your dumb asz can do is say, it doesnt include it. I have a feeling many dump their problematic garbage on to others and there arent really a lot of good rides, unless youre forking at least half the price of a new one. otherwise theyre all crap. I mean, in my country. the US has great deals. massive jealousy. except your c19 situation. that im not jealous of.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
S-Steel, why don’t you place an add offering to buy all late model scooters .

You set the dates, times, locations where a qualified technician (you) will appraise and offer cash on the spot. The spots are at a cafes with umbrella tables where you sit for an hour enjoying a cold lemonade while they bring the bikes to you. Take a clip board with printed evaluation forms to look authentic.

Also print up small leaflets and leave on bikes you see that you like with an offer to buy. If your town is like some of the Euro-Towns I’ve seen you could easily drop 25 offers on a Saturday morning . Somebody is looking to upgrade.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I m guessing you're trying to amuse me and just joking around. I have bad panic attacks at night work my neighbors kids yell. 7 feet from my windows which is adjacent to my bed so sleeping is very bad even though I take sleep meds that should knock out anyone hardly works fot me. I do 12 hour shifts. Help take care of my sick mom and im on the verge of mental breakdown. All I want is a dang reliable scooter for day to day transportation. Im not dating im not meeting with friends. I cannot invest in that idea you have, even if it sounds tempting. My well being is not well. I just cant catch a break. Im. Sire there are many people in far worse condition than I but for now I cant save the world if im not well myself.
People are pricing their old broken neglected scoots like its some limited edition rolls. I hope no one comes to buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
No...but the idea of leaving offers on bikes you like may snag you a keeper. Print up four pages of four cut and deploy on your next day off. Explain how you seen the bike and think it looks like it’s been well taken care of and how you have been saving money the last six months for a cash deal with your name and phone # .....slide the note inside the front screen area..... Beats 3 hours travel time and $15 bucks to look at junk. Man I wish you were here we’d find you a deal in a week.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea some great options in the us. Theyre only ridden for half a year and many store theirs in garages. Not here unfortunately. They killlled them then ask a ton for them. People wrench on theies there. Here people dont and since maintenance is expensive some forego basic maintenance And im not skimping on paying for a good one. Taxes here are high so everything is sold expensive. But I wont be buying something that isnt a decent deal. I really dont have to to look around for burgman on the street. I cant remember when I even saw one parked. I always just seem them pass on the highway. I live in a quiet area with little peoplr. I goto work and back. I have no transportation except my overpriced chinese garbage ebike. And not like the ones in the us. The garbage kind where the steering post unlocked while i went downhil in the rain. I use velcro straps to keep it closed

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
S-Steel, are you able to find something like this for this price ?

There’s a bunch of youtube vids from owners that give good reviews .

If you could get one of these to serve you until you could trade it for a B400. These bikes look more expensive than they really are and some affluent young man may want to trade his mothers scooter for an Adventure Bike 😀

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
im pretty locked on what I want.
either a burgman 400 or a maxsym 600

everytime you buy and sell anything, you lose money, twice. im actually looking to get one of these to hold as long as possible and if the body and other parts are ok, id rebuild the engine down the line. these 400+ scooters are not easy to sell once they get older.

·
Registered
163 Posts
s-steel - Where do you live? I don't envy the high taxes. Where I live, I like to hear kids screaming and playing banging and slamming. You know, kids stiff. My wife calls it "screams of delight." And when I was a kid I remember screaming, yelling, banging and slamming. None of the neighbors every complained luckily.

We played this game where my brother and some other boys in the neighborhood would take about a 20 foot rope, and tie one end to the rope to the seat post of our bicycles. The other end we would tie to an old metal wagon. And we would tow that wagon along. Now that alone was noisy as the old metal wagon made a bunch of noise just rolling on all 4 wheels on asphalt. The other boys would take their bikes and (try to) ram the wagon with their front tires, and knock it over while it was being towed. As the wagon tower, right before the wagon got rammed you could stand up on your bike and shove your bike forward and the wagon would move forward rapidly and frequently the wagon would dodge out of the way of front tires. As the wagon tower, your job was to prevent the wagon from being knocked over.

Once the wagon turned over, because it was metal, it was as loud as hell being dragged along. But that "game" was then over. The wagon tow rider would stop, the wagon set back on its wheels, the tow rider switched to someone else, and away we would go with the game again. The point is, it was loud as hell, and we would all scream and laugh and bang the wagon. Nobody ever got hurt, and it sure was fun. This is not an apples to apples comparison to your situation … but try to have patience and try to enjoy the kids and their "screams of delight." We did other loud things I'm sure, but this had to be the loudest thing we did.

7milesout

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
He lives somewhere in this rectangle. I have been to his island Paradise.

Cyprus.jpg

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright going to see 2 scooters tomorrow. First is a 2010 maroon 400 with 22000 miles. Imo not abs

2nd is a maxsym 600cc.in matte black which will need a clear Coat for sure. Has abs Windshield is not faded like the burgman but I think with meguiars polish and then a spray of uv clear coat I can get it in usable shape. Its a pet peeve of mine to look through a cracking old faded windshield. Not a fan of the givi

Price wise the 600 will cost about $600 more but its a 2014
Im mixed about the maroon color. Im an "evil black" guy. Well see
Tomorrow. Public transportation is too much

Either way ill rebuild the old 400 engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts