Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the way home i got a vibration thought it might be my front end.check front end when i got home it was okay went to the back tire .Oh Shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt the lug nuts came loose i know i tightened the dang things cause i torqued them ..makes me wonder did i torque it to the tight ones i swear i read 36 pds per square inch could that be wrong if not why in the world did they come loose if anyone knows swing it my ay ty

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Very glad you made it home safely, and the bike in one piece.........at least more or less.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was totally blown away when i took the muffler off.the 3 lug nuts were really loose.2 of them were finger loose :( :( very lucky 1 was not very tight came loose with a slight turn of the wrench .i dunno maybe i didn't tighten them back down dunno..but i seen mitch's video and it said 36 lb-ft so i did that hopefully they won't come loose again .has anyone ever had em come loose

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have never torqued mine down to spec. I use an air impact wrench and go NASCAR on them lug nuts and they have never come loose.
Of course the real danger is stripping them but I do have the air set to only 90 psi not 120 psi to keep that from happening.
You could always use blue locktite to keep them tight. Good Luck Buddy!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i did them again at 36 +maybe and extra 15 lol (praying the Blue Loctite works .LOL..not really funny i think someone forgot to tighten them down last time i had the rear wheel off because i was PO'd when i could 'nt get the bolt out the rear brake caliper hint hint anyways if it dont work this time i'll go to plan B :) thanks Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts