Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In preparation for installing a Givi windscreen I sought a convenient source for new Well Nuts. I found it! Another biker by the name of Chris Powers is operating Desmoparts that features metric hardware for Japanese bikes. Well Nuts that use your original Suzuki bolts are included in the offerings. Go to http://www.desmoparts.com, order what you want, pay by credit card and Chris will promptly ship your order by US mail.

Incidentally, Well Nuts are easily installed using the long bolt, inserted a couple of turns into the well nut and then insert it into the bike mounting hole by wiggleing and pushing on the bolt head with a screwdriver.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I have no idea what "Well nuts" are. I was hoping for some illumination from the website, but the "Well nuts" link is invalid.

Could you elaborate?

thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Try this link

They're the rubber grommet-type things with a nut in the end that you use to hold on the windscreen. The bolt squishes the rubber and makes it expand inside/behind the windscreen support so that the windscreen doesn't pop off.[/url]

·
Registered
49 Posts
windscreen installation

I must be missing something here. When I installed a Givi windshield,
I took the stock one off, and installed the Givi using the hardware used
for the stock model. Works just fine. Why would you need new bolts
or wheel wells or whatever you are calling the expanding gizmos that
hold the windshield in place?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: windscreen installation

tkw said:
I must be missing something here. When I installed a Givi windshield,
I took the stock one off, and installed the Givi using the hardware used
for the stock model. Works just fine. Why would you need new bolts
or wheel wells or whatever you are calling the expanding gizmos that
hold the windshield in place?
Because they tend to wear out if you do several windshield swaps. The rubber flanges on the end tend to tear, and they get rather bunched up (they do not "remember" their original shape). I've been through several sets of them. I've done numerous windscreen swaps on my 650.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
It is always handy to have some spare 'well nuts' and those darned plastic body panel fasteners. Much easier to have them to hand before commencing a job.

However, the first time I got the 400 naked on rebuild I had 2 plastic rivets left over - took me longer to find out where I should have put them than it did to rebuild the bike! :lol:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
His prices are a lot better then Suzuki. And I will bookmark the site.
But if you have a local HD dealer around he sells the same well nuts for 99 cents.
You should can get the screws there also since ours are metric.
And no shipping charges or waiting. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well Nut's

I was able to pick them up at a local hardware store in Rockford a real old fasion hardware store that has everything. They had them in different lengths and sizes.
One interesting thing about the originals from Suzuki is they are not metric thread they are US 10/24.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Are you serious?! 10-24 screws on a Japanese bike? I wonder if Suzuki is taking lessons from Ford? I always have to have both metric & S.A.E. sets handy when working on the Lightning. Sometimes it is really good for building the frustration factor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts