Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I have really valued this forum and the great admins and experts with my 650 , but ...

I traded it in for my a FJR today, I went to trade in my other bike, Honda 750 spirit, but they wouldn't offer me anywhere near what I wanted, they did however offer my $800 over Kelly blue book for my exec, and I couldn't resist : :oops:

My wife has decided she doesnt want to ride any longer, so the FJR will be used for 2-up touring and next year, 2014, when I'm on sabbatical, we will ride across country on it.

Again, I have to say this is the best forum I have ever visited, I hope to maybe one day meet some of you, and perhaps in a few years I'll be back

I have a few bits to sell in the classifieds so won't disappear entirely.

Ride safe all, keep the shiny side up

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I suspect your Honda will be traded in on your next Burgman. (regardless of what you think right now).

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
the fjr is a great bike and a cross country sounds great too but I caution you on letting you have your wife pack your lunch when you and your girlfriend take off on the two up trips together , the sammiches may be a bit odiferous

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
osbornk said:
I suspect your Honda will be traded in on your next Burgman. (regardless of what you think right now).
That would work for me ! Maybe a 400 next time

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
The FJR is a very nice bike have you gone for the new 2013 model?
Stick around please and let us know how you are getting on with your new steed. :thumbup:

Enjoy the touring.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Gbjbany said:
osbornk said:
That would work for me ! Maybe a 400 next time
I agree. The 650 us a nice "instead of" bike and the 400 is a nice "in addition to" bike.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
osbornk said:
I agree. The 650 us a nice "instead of" bike and the 400 is a nice "in addition to" bike.
+1 Nicely put!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I use that excuse when I "borrow" Kathy's Burgie...
I ride the Burgman "instead" of the RoadStar, and I have the VMax "in addition to" the Roadie!
Normally, she doesn't mind.

Kathy took most of this season off from riding her Burgie... I probably put 1000 miles on it, so it got some good use. She made some noises about selling it - fortunately she got really enthused about riding to Johnstown PA to Thunder In The Valley in June. We're going out with a VMax group, so I'm riding my Max. She's riding the Burgman (and carrying the luggage under the seat)!

Bike's not for sale now!

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Just a quick pic after the farkling started :lol:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Great looking ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy and ride safe :thumbup:
Wes