Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really wasn't planned that way. I had my eye on a slightly used 2012 with a Givi Windshield and top box on it. Somehow the dealer let me walk out the door because he was an pimple in the lower and back side of the human body. His loss.

Up the street was a Honda/Suzuki dealership. I was looking at a Kymco Xciting 500 they had but frankly it was my third choice. I was not going to buy a new Burgie. I'm trying to become debt free and I'm almost there...but I let myself get talked into with some gentle arm twisting.

I'm looking forward to getting to know it a little better. :D (pics to follow).

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Cool. What color is it?
I like the Kymco. More than a Burgie? I dunno. Cost is a factor for sure. But the Kymco orange is cool. 8)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
ha-ha, that was a good one -- congrats!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
good on ya ! glad to see you dumped that other dealer too! find his house and do donuts in his yard on your new ride :lol: just kidding , hope you love your new burgman as much as yhou did your old one

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly this is a long story but basically I think I got screwed.

I went to the dealership with the intention of buying a used bike (not a Burgman sadly). After talking to the salesman and a little quick math in my head (and some gentle arm twisting as well) I applied for the loan. I was putting about $4500 in cash down, so I would only need about 3 - 4K for the loan.

I'm told it will take the bank about 3 days to process everything but "You got it, it's just a matter of crossing the "T's" and dotting the "I's." Well those three days pass and then a fourth day. Another day passes. I'm not really to worried as I had a very busy week.

So Thursday comes and I find out that the loan didn't go through. Well I did just buy a house as a rental, so my debt to income ratio is out of whack right now....but still.

The dealership (West Coast Powersports) wants to work with me. They have a couple of bikes in my price range (I'm now paying cash), and tell me about a 08 Honda Silver Wing. An 04 Burgman 400 and one or two others. They sold the Silver Wing early Friday morning (and no one bothered to tell me), wrote up paperwork on the Burgie - which was beat up and I had issues with it being nearly 10 years old, with only 4400 miles on it. Plus I was aware of CVT issues with the earlier models. I passed it up. :blackeye:

So finally I bought a bike. It's not one I wanted or am happy with....but like the man said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes....you get what you need."

Read my blog to find out what I ended up with. Nothing like self promotion!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
For $4500 and less, you can find later model 400's with less than 6000 mile all day long. Do a Craigslist search. You'll find what you're looking for :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts