Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and ordered a Clearview shield for my 2010 650.

Grey, medium size (for a medium sized rider of course) and with the vent. Now hopefully they can find Canada on the map for the delivery!!!!

ps - I have to stop lurking these forums, my wish list is growing!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I think you will find it is the best thing you could get for your bike. Mine was on it when I got it and it is a little tall for me since the prior owner was taller. However, I don't want to mess with it as it works very well for me.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
yep definately a good thing to do - the vent is nice too

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I agree - have the same but wish I had a vent.
Cheapskate I bought the blem :D
Mainly cuz I didn't have to wait.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered a GIVI D3104ST on sale at twisted Throttle for 155.50, I can't wait for th 2013 Clearview any longer!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can't find that shield listed on the twisted throttle website. Looked by part number and by things that fit the Burgman 650.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Twisted Throttle

D3104st GIVI windshield on Twisted Throttle was just added to their Data base, You May have to Call. I dealt with Peter!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
got mine

I ordered the Clearview right after I got the Burgy. Got the medium and it works great. All the way down I can see over the top and there is less wind noise. When its up I have to look through it. Problem tho. when its up lots of wind comes through on the hands, doesn't happen when its down. The vent is great, closed or open it works as stated. I would recommend it.:eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is the reply to my email earlier this week from Clearview. So they are just getting started?

Some good news. We brought a new Burgman into the shop last week to begin the design process. Our hope is to have a windshield for the 2013-14 Burgman in the late summer. Maybe sooner. I will put your email in our file, so we can notify you when we have the design and molds ready for production.

Regards,
John

John Roozen
Customer Service
Clearview Shields
800 798 6089 | [email protected]

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Seems strange that Clearview continues to make shields for new bikes but they never made one for 2007+ 400 Burgmans.
The Givi Airflow for my '08 came with metal support brackets. Because of their extensive product line, they probably have subs that design and/or manufacture the metal work. Clearview probably thought they could design a 'shield only' solution, couldn't, and decided there just wasn't the profit potential in going outside their 'plastics only' business model.

I'd like to know what is so different with the 03-06's that allowed Clearview to make those shields.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts