Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acting on a tip from "Alburg" in Nanaimo, I dropped in to see a '03 Silver 650 Burgman at the local BMW dealer that came in as a trade-in today. The bike was in absolute pristine condition with less than 3000 km's (1800 miles), & has never seen rain! :shock: Not a scratch on the bike! :)

It came with two windshields (stock, & the taller Suzuki OEM version that's available in Canada), the nice Suzuki backrest and heated hand grips. :) My hands were so toasty warm during the test drive! :D

I put a deposit on it, but because of my workshifts for the next few days, I'll have to delay picking it up until Tuesday. :cry:

Al, thanks for the tip! (I owe you a Chinese dinner when I come up to Nanaimo :) )

And thank you to all the other forum members - because of you, I knew exactly what to check for while looking at Burgy, & during the test drive. You guys are the best! :)

Oooh, I am so excited! :D :D :D I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Reg 8)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations Reg on your 'pre-loved' Burgman 650. I bet you'll be bouncing off the walls until Tuesday rolls around. :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm VERY jealous about the heated grips. Even in Phoenix, my hands get cold in the morning. I've been so spoiled during the summer wearing thin "mesh" gloves. I hate these ugly heavy thick "winter" gloves. I thought I'd check into some electric gloves, but perhaps I can find a way to install some heated grips...

I'll not start a new thread here, but I really wonder if anyone has installed heated grips by themselve's? I'm not mechanically inclined, but it sure would be nice...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but perhaps I can find a way to install some heated grips.
Heated grips are great. :hello1:

It was quite cool when I took the bike for demo ride and I only had light summer gloves on, but the grips got too hot for me on the "high" position, so I finally pulled the bike over and turned them down to the "low" setting, which was still very toasty. :)

Heated hand grips and heated vests are great investments for those chilly times when you want to ride, but don't want to wear bulky clothing.

If you don't want to install them yourself, your local dealer should be able to do it for a reasonable price.

Reg 8)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congratulations, Captain. Every time I get my AN650 out on the road I realize I've got a great big smile on my face. You'll love it.

WLB :>)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got everything under control at work by noon today and decided to take the rest of the day off. :) Went to the dealer to pay for the Burgy, got insurance and now she's safe and sound in my basement. :hello1:

Hoping we have some nice riding weather (like today) during the next week so I can take her for a good run up the Island Highway. Still have a big silly grin on my face. :D

Reg

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
vfdcaptain said:
...It came with two windshields (stock, & the taller Suzuki OEM version that's available in Canada), the nice Suzuki backrest and heated hand grips.
Hey Cap, looks like you hit the jackpot!

I'm really jealous. I'd love to have a taller shield and especially the heated grips.

Congrats.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Reg congrats on your new Burgy!
Got everything under control at work by noon today and decided to take the rest of the day off.
When I first read this thread I just knew that this was going to happen :lol:

now she's safe and sound in my basement.
Hmmmph!!!!! When I rode mine home It went straight into the livingroom :D

Still have a big silly grin on my face.
After one full year with my 650 so do I

Enjoy my friend!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congratulations Reg, maybe Christmas did come early to you due to the tip that I got from Avatar (Wes) regarding the 650 being traded in. I like to help boys get new toys; it’s an important part of being a boy. Speaking of new toys I now have the itch to go out and buy some heated handgrips given that winter has arrived.

The best of luck with your 650, I know that you are going to enjoy it. We will set up a ride and lunch when the rain goes away. I look forward to seeing a picture of your 650 in the ‘author’ section.

Cheers Al

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The heated grips on my bike are the generic kind that most dealers should stock. Has a three position switch (low-off-high). The heating elements fit under your stock grips and should take the dealer 60 to 90 minutes to install - if you don't want to do it yourself.

Well worth the investment! :D

Reg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts