Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys and gals after a long long wait it seems as if finally I may be getting my Burgman 650 :eek:ccasion5: Like others have mentioned it is hard to find one in certain areas but I have found a dealer within 50 miles of my location that promises me that he can get me one. Weird though because one dealer said they are having a hard time finding one but this dealer says they lied. He claims he just got a blue one for a guy last week and will have no problem getting me one. Said it would take 2 to 3 days to get in. Well all I can say is too bad for the dealer that can't seem to find me one. That dealer is going to miss out on the sale of 3 bikes. My uncle and father-in-law are also getting bikes although they are opting for the C-50 black. My uncle is going to pay cash money for all three. Thank I will be able to get a deal on three? Looks like Friday may be the day. I will keep you all updated.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Luck Chief! Keep us posted.
Will do Pauljo. I may also look at the V-Strom as well just to see if it makes an impression on me. How do you like yours? If you could pick just one (Burgman or V-Strom) which would you pick? Thanks.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations. I knew you'd find a way to get yourself a Burgman. ;)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Chief_O. said:
Good Luck Chief! Keep us posted.
If you could pick just one (Burgman or V-Strom) which would you pick? Thanks.
Both! 8)

I really can't answer that. I love riding both of them. From a financial standpoint though, the Burgman cost less, annual insurance premium for the Burgman is less than half of what I pay on the V-Strom, and annual property taxes are less for the scooter. If I had to get rid of one for financial reasons, the V-Strom would have to go. They are very different to ride, but they are two of the best bikes I've ever owned.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congrats, Chief! Been a long wait, but it'll be worth it! And think of how much you'll already know before driving home!

Wishing you many happy and safe "smiles,"

Bryna

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I would like to say thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. It has been a long wait and hopefully I will be a proud owner within a week. By the way the dealer that was having a hard time finding me a Burgman suddenly found one and left me a voice mail saying lets make a deal. Reguardless it will have to be shipped from some where else so since the other dealer has the C50 black that my uncle and father-in-law are wanting guess I will just go with them. I will keep you all updated.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here is an update. Went to three different dealers and to be honest I was not really impressed with any of them. Best deal I can get on a 2004 Burgman 650 is 7650.00 OTD. The other dealer's price was 7900 OTD with a helmet "thrown in". It is really kinda hard to deal when they do not actually have the bike on hand. They are going to have to get it from a "warehouse". It is like since they don't have to worry about moving an 04 model that they have in their show room that they are not willing to make a good deal on one they are having to get from else where. Oh the third dealer, well lets just say they are brand new and were having a grand opening with people every where. That made for an impossible chance at getting a deal.

I have also been looking for the C50's for the other two guys who are getting bikes in my group and the best price I have got on those was like 6800.00 OTD with tax and 99.00 set up fee. However I have found the 2004 Volusia (spelling?) for 6000.00 OTD price. They are just about identical bikes right? So why not save roughly 800 dollars and get the 04?

Well I love this site and all the helpful info and suggestions that you all have. So what do you think I should do? It kinda sucks trying to make a deal for everyone (my Burgman 650 and the two C50's). Also one guy at that new dealership I mentioned above made the comment that the price they had listed on the price tag (suggested retail by the way) was about what he could sell them for. He then said unless you pay with a credit card. I ask what he meant and he said that the price was higher if you paid with a Visa or Mastercard. Why is that and is that typical? Again thanks to everyone and hopefully soon I can post my riding experiences on a Burgman 650.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh by the way Pauljo I sat on a V-Strom 1000 at one of the dealers today as well. That bike seems so big and as if it would be so fast. It was hard for me to touch the ground with out being slightly on tippy-toes. This one was a bright yellow one and had just sold. It sold for around 7500 I think it was. Good looking bike.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Chief,

Mastercard and Visa charge the merchant a percentage of the sale amount. I think it is three percent. So that dealer is basically telling you that you are going to absorb that fee (not him) if you use your credit card.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh and another bit of info the larger dealer told me that I kinda wondered about. I said there are a few 05's already shipped and at warehouses but they can not sell them until next month. He said there was in fact one at a warehouse in Atlanta he knew for sure. What do you think? Is he full of junk?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Chief, a couple weeks ago Extreme Cycles, Salisbury N.C. (Suz,Kaw,Hon kymco dealer) had at least one 650 on the floor. Thats about 50 miles north of Charlotte on US85.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Chief, I would like to know if he is telling you the truth. You may want to clarify that it is a 650, not a 400. The 05 400s are due out this month. I will call some dealers tomorrow to check his story out. Since I am scooterless "again", I sure would like to get a 05 650 next month instead of Mar '05.

If anyone else hears this story from a dealer, let us know.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think I really believe him that much. He may have done like you said and got it mixed up with the 400. He said the one he knows of is in a "warehouse" in Atlanta. By the way the guys in my group that are buying are trying to get me to buy a cruiser like the ones they want. It is real tempting in ways. It is 2000 dollars cheaper 5600 vs 7600. But I have really been wanting the Burgman for so long. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Chief_O. said:
I have also been looking for the C50's for the other two guys who are getting bikes in my group and the best price I have got on those was like 6800.00 OTD with tax and 99.00 set up fee. However I have found the 2004 Volusia (spelling?) for 6000.00 OTD price. They are just about identical bikes right? So why not save roughly 800 dollars and get the 04?
The C50 is fuel injected and comes with floorboards. The Volusia is a great bike however I may be partial. =) I'll be getting a Bergman in March..I hope.
for tons of volusia info, check out http://www.volusiaowners.com Tons of mods and all.

Good luck with your purchases

1 - 17 of 17 Posts