Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife has a 2008 650AN. When I am beside her while riding, I hear a 'bump-bump-bump' sound coming from the bike. This has been going on since she got the bike. The other day after a ride, I told her I was going to take it and see if I could hear/feel Something.
The bike was, like I said still warm from the ride. Drove it down the driveway, stopped, then proceeded to get on the road. It felt like something was rubbing, like a brake was hanging up big time. Turned around, when back to my garage and up on the lift it went.

Jacked the rear end up (It's a Motor Trike kit) and started the engine. Ran the throttle up with no problem. Still thinking brakes, I disassembled them cleaning the pads, caliper, and brake guide ways. Bolted everything up, took it for a spin around the yard. Ran good.

Took it back to the road, same problem. Under load, it bucks, flat surface and slow, fine.
The wife has no problems, but with my 250 pound frame, problem.

CLUTCH????

All oil was changed 1500 miles ago, engine and trans, using Valvoline 10W40 JASO MA rating API SL
Bike ran fine on the trip.

Help???

·
Registered
705 Posts
First thoughts were stone stuck in the tyre. Now you are saying it bucks? Do the revs change as they would with clutch slip?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts