Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's, for some reason the bike started to make a weird noise. Last year it started doing this once in a wile but now more often. When I ride you don't hear it as much but when I stop somewhere to take a rest, it sounds like a horn. I'm not sure but is it possible that there is a valve doing this. I did check the gas cap and there is pressure when I take the cap off so no vacuum leak there. I don't think this is normal because with other burgs I had, it never did this. Does anybody know what it could be or had this and found the problem. It's a 2009 650 exc with 39000 klm thanks

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There is pressure release valve it farts when it opens. Takes a few psi to open it but gas expands especially when the engine gets hot and warms the tank. It stops it from exploding in a welter of hot metal shards killing any small passing kittens

·
Registered
574 Posts
My Burgman "cryes". It's a pitch-descending "pheeeeeee....".

The first time i heard it i was alone in the garage* and i jumped up scared. It was periodic: every 7 seconds it started for 3 seconds.
I was very worried about some kind of animal stuck in the garage, so i started looking around until i sat on the seat to look over the scoot, moving it a little, and the noice changed.
I then determined that the noise were coming out from the burg and I asked around (i have at least three friends that rides the 2nd or 3rb burgman in a row): they told me it's one of the two valves for equalizing the tank pressure with the air.

It should be the same for your.

* (the box .... the room where you put your vehicles... i know there's a difference between you and us about what word is appropriate)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts