Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you put panniers and a trunk on a 650 burgman and load it to tour, does it unbalance the machine? Since I am new to this forum and new to scooters, could any one tell me how the machine would handle ? I know with a mc the engine is in front of you, but how about a burgman? Any answers would be appreciated. I like this forum, you all are great.
jld

·
Registered
308 Posts

Put heavy items equal balance in bottom of saddle bage; lightest, clothing and freq. use itmes in trunk. Hump or tank bag put personal items.

Test ride alone first, then with passenger. Check tire press. adjust for extra weight.

Load hip flask with 25 y/o single malt. Ride to scenic motel 1000 mi....plop in front of TV with remote and uncork hip flask and optional room service.

·
Registered
394 Posts
JLD said:
If you put panniers and a trunk on a 650 burgman and load it to tour, does it unbalance the machine?
My wife and I riding two-up with panniers and a trunk loaded for a one-week tour on our AN650 had no problems, even riding into a 35 mph headwind. As mentioned in an earlier post, proper tire pressure is essential and adjusting the rear shocks is also important.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the answers. Seems like there is a lot to like about this machine and a lot to learn too. Thanks again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Loaded

If you go to tho photo album, you will see a photo of my Burgman loaded for the 5000 km tour I did last year. Lotsa stuff piled high. No problem.. still able to out ride my buddy on his GoldWing. This year I have the Givi top case & hard bags on the side.
RV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts