Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a 650 exec and wondering what the weight capacity (driver/passenger/stowage) is. Can't find it in the specs available on the net. I suspect the owner's manual would have it listed.
My wife and I would push 280#. Our Honda GW had a 450# payload which allowed us a good bit of stowage. Leather jackets, riding boots, helmets, etc add up quickly!
I dislike overloading two wheeled vehicles!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The carring capacity of a new 650 is 399 lbs. according to the MCN road test. I know my 07 is close to that. I've always worked with a 400 lb limit. And have had no issues.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Two up is no problem on the 650. I bearly notice a passenger. At 280 combined weight, you'll have plenty of capacity for what you need. Probably the biggest concern you'll have coming off of a cushy Goldwing will be comfort items.

Common upgrades are a custom seat, there are plenty of options for that. Or as an interim, a couple Air Hawks seat cushions, a butt bumper riser for a drivers backrest and a Bestem top box with built in passenger backrest are very inexpensive alternatives, less than $500 for the lot. I went that route, and am very comfortable riding all day.

The other item is the windshield, especially on the Non-executive model (it doesn't raise or lower). I've no problem with the stock shield, but that is a personal item only you can decide on.

You're a Goldwing owner, you should be used to the hundreds of upgrades and farkels. Not quite as many on the Burgman 650, but there's a lot of choices. You'll work it out.

But so far as performance concerns, I really rather doubt you will be disappointed with the 650. It is THAT good of a bike. One GW owner on this forum wrote that the Burgman has a smoother engine. Amazing indeed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input....I am really surprised that this forum is as active as it is. I don't recall the local HOG forum being this active when I was a Harley Rider years ago. This forum is not only active but quite friendly also. It may help me decide on jumping into scooter ownership!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think the goldwing is the best touring bike I've ever rode, I've heard the burgman called a mini goldwing, I would have to agree.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Thanks for the input....I am really surprised that this forum is as active as it is. I don't recall the local HOG forum being this active when I was a Harley Rider years ago. This forum is not only active but quite friendly also. It may help me decide on jumping into scooter ownership!
This forum was one of the reasons I got mine 8 years ago.

I think the thing that caused such active participation is that Suzuki dealers had so little experience with the bikes (niche market, and generally low-maintenance so their mechanics didn't see the few that sold back in the shop all that often) that owners knew the bikes better than they did.

And we stuck around, 'cause Greengoose (Bryan, who set up the boards and ran them for many years) and the moderators kept it a nice place to hang out. It still is.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Me own 2 burgie 650 in 10 year, great bike that me tour with all time, regularly have 450 + lb payload, never hear one rumble from 650, these Burgie just love touring which good thing because me really love touring also. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts