Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found boxer shorts help a great deal for long trips...seams don't get in the way as much. There are biker pants and shorts designed with similar concerns.

·
Registered
308 Posts
lifegetter said:
I found boxer shorts help a great deal for long trips...seams don't get in the way as much. There are biker pants and shorts designed with similar concerns.
oh for heavens sakes....

·
Registered
903 Posts
I did my first really long ride, and chose to use bicycling shorts. These are moisture-wicking, and have a built-in padding.

Trust me, 100 miles in a bike ride is SUBSTANTIALLY more difficult down there, than a 1,000 mile motorcycle ride. The shorts were a key component to comfort and lack of fatigue/irritation at the end of 19 hours in the scooter-saddle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ware and take along 2 (3 total) shammy type boxer bathing suits which I ware under my mesh riding suit. I carry a little bottle
of Tide and wash the suit out at night. It dries on the bike the next day. Plus when you get to the motel your the first in the pool. Cuts down on packing on a multi day ride. Last summer I took a circle trip of Lake Superior and on a 85+ degree
day stopped at one turn out and refreshed in the cold Lk. Superior while my buddies watched. I learned this trick from a BMW rider.
Ted Vonk

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Boxers and shorts give the best ventilation. :D
Ad mesh pants to hide the unsightly views. :thumbup: :lol:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Scootereno said:
Boxers and shorts give the best ventilation. :D
Ad mesh pants to hide the unsightly views. :thumbup: :lol:
x2

·
Registered
189 Posts
I find the boxer briefs give me the best comfort. Boxers are too "loose" and whitey tighties ride up and are too tight.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Full Commando plus talcum powder.

Every long trip since 1972.

Never had Monkey Butt since. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts