Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
The new arrangement is working on my PC, but not on my phone....getting a message something like "limited access to offline content". What should I try or is it just not fully operational for mobile?

·
Administrator
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The new arrangement is working on my PC, but not on my phone....getting a message something like "limited access to offline content". What should I try or is it just not fully operational for mobile?
It sounds like you are still getting the old site on your phone.

Can you verify you are using this link to access the site?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OK, got a phone call from a member asking what happened to the "View First Unread Post" feature.

Currently it seems we open a thread and have to scroll down to get to the new posts.

And as of this EDIT time, they have fixed this issue. ;)
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
It may take a day or two to catch up.

Test post here. I verified the settings to indicate what threads I've contributed to and saved those settings per post 17 above. The mentioned eye next to the thread title does not show so checking if this is a cached bit of data that starts over from now rather than historical data that was carried over. This is my first post in a thread since I enabled those settings and right now the only eye I see in any thread list relates to how many views a thread has... which does seem to be carried over from pre-update.
View attachment 89506
The first thread here I have contributed to previously to my settings change. The second thread I have not contributed to yet.
-

Update: It does seem to be a data point that starts from scratch after the update and after the setting is saved
View attachment 89507
It may take a day or two to catch up. If it doesn't you may need to mark all threads as read for a fresh start.

- Cricket

·
Registered
870 Posts
It sounds like you are still getting the old site on your phone.

Can you verify you are using this link to access the site?

- Cricket
I deleted the old widget and added a new shortcut after going directly to the site and it's now working. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I understand the need for advertising, and I’m seeing plenty in the right-hand column. But do we really need ads inserted among the members responses in the thread itself?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi guys, @Parduz here.

I cannot log anymore (it says wrong password: as it contains a weird character, i'm guessing it caused problems in the migration.... just a guess).

I clicked the "forgot password" link but ...... i forgot to update my email, and the registered one is on a provider that closed a couple of years ago.

So now i have no password and no email to log in.

Could someone contact "me" (this temp account) so i can give the new valid email for a password reset? I'd like to keep my @Parduz account
Sorry for this.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Would it be possible to have more of a selection of background colors besides light mode and dark mode? Maybe a grey? Thanks

·
Administrator
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi guys, @Parduz here.

I cannot log anymore (it says wrong password: as it contains a weird character, i'm guessing it caused problems in the migration.... just a guess).

I clicked the "forgot password" link but ...... i forgot to update my email, and the registered one is on a provider that closed a couple of years ago.

So now i have no password and no email to log in.

Could someone contact "me" (this temp account) so i can give the new valid email for a password reset? I'd like to keep my @Parduz account
Sorry for this.
I sent you a private message (conversation).

Would it be possible to have more of a selection of background colors besides light mode and dark mode? Maybe a grey? Thanks
I love that idea. We have mentioned this to the developers.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
14,102 Posts
Decided to try logging in to the new site from my phone. Found out it doesn't run very well. I have a windows based phone not an Android or I phone. First problem was it would not give me the login screen. Kept monkeying around with it, tried the resister screen and of course it told me that ID was already in use. But when I tried touching the login/sing up icon again I could see part of the login screen. It had the ID block but not the password block. My email address was filled in to the ID block. I over typed it with my ID and hit enter. It logged me in. I guess it kept the password from when I tried to register.

Now I was in but things were not all good. I could get to the forum list and list new post and other functions but when I tried to read a post there is a circle of grey on the right side of the post that blocks out a good third of the text. If I go to dark mode the circle is white. Same thing when I go to my profile. The profile post have the same circle imposed over them.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Decided to try logging in to the new site from my phone. Found out it doesn't run very well. I have a windows based phone not an Android or I phone. First problem was it would not give me the login screen. Kept monkeying around with it, tried the resister screen and of course it told me that ID was already in use. But when I tried touching the login/sing up icon again I could see part of the login screen. It had the ID block but not the password block. My email address was filled in to the ID block. I over typed it with my ID and hit enter. It logged me in. I guess it kept the password from when I tried to register.

Now I was in but things were not all good. I could get to the forum list and list new post and other functions but when I tried to read a post there is a circle of grey on the right side of the post that blocks out a good third of the text. If I go to dark mode the circle is white. Same thing when I go to my profile. The profile post have the same circle imposed over them.
Mine is working perfect with TapaTalk on Android.
I bet the problem is the Windoze Phone ;)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Well.... so far there are some things I like and some things that I don't like. But I'm not going to say anything for a while until I "learn" the new forum and can comment more succinctly on the pros and cons. I'll give it an honest chance first and not just react because it's not familiar yet.

·
Administrator
17,398 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yep, here i am, thanks :)

Feedback: everything seems smooth and just the way images can be embed in the post is worth the migration. Thanks!

Questions:

1. how can i use BBCode (or whatever is under this forum) to set text colors and other stuffs in post and signature?
  2. if it is possible, there a list or a guide about supported tags (like inline and alignement for images, text and so on?
Thanks for the hard work, gents!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Minor glitch: seems that the Showcase page could benefit of some margins :) :

·
Administrator
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes, I agree. This has been reported. Until it is resolved I recommend adding a colon ( : ) between the category and the content.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
  1. how can i use BBCode (or whatever is under this forum) to set text colors and other stuffs in post and signature?
  2. if it is possible, there a list or a guide about supported tags (like inline and alignement for images, text and so on?
The developers have started with a very basic text editor, but it is something they can still look at. There are some challenges when font color are changed as they don't always display well in both the light mode and the dark mode, so it is something I don't recommend yet.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
17,398 Posts
BLACK text does not show in Dark mode.

In a few other forums that I Admin, we can use normal edit using standard text or BBCode. I have not played with the </> on here yet.

Another thing we lost was the old site's smileys. There were some just for the forum. There are a lot of smilies on here, just different. 🛵

21 - 40 of 66 Posts