Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in another forum and they were talking about waving to other riders. One guy said that we waves at all riders except those Burgman scooters. Then he said waved at one and then realized it was a scooter and asked if there was a way to retract a wave.

What a jerk. I told him that I would be sure to wave at him and he could just be a snob and not wave back. UGH! I thought I was going to like the new riding group, maybe I won't.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
The riders who don't wave back, in my opinion, have a problem. Could be they're not enjoying the ride as much as you are or their bike is vibrating so much they're afraid to let go of the bars.
Whatever it is, keep waving and don't let the non-wavers bother you. They ain't worth it! :lol:

Don

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
It's just basic insecurity. There are those few Harley Riders, BMW riders, Ducati riders, etc. that need to reinforce their belief that they bought the only great 2 wheeler on the planet. Some are afraid that their buddies will rib them if they acknowledge anyone riding something different. You can feel sorry for them - they are missing out on a lot. But for each one that won't wave, there are many who do. Heck I've been caught a few times when I didn't bother to wave to a Harley rider who I thought wouldn't wave - and they did! Made me feel like a jerk! Basically, I'll usually wave at anyone on two wheels (or three), unless I am busy with traffic or fighting sidewinds - something that requires both hands on the bars. 90% of the time the wave gets returned.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Pinwheel said:
....and asked if there was a way to retract a wave.
Yeah .... tell'em to retract a wave, you have to "erase it". Too bad it looks like you're waving hard. :p

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was excited that I had found a new group to ride with once I get my scooter and then that comment was made.

BTW....I see a scooter on the horizon. More info to come later this week. I hope.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I wouldn't let the comments of one individual keep me from joining the group. I'd see what the rest of he group has to say about Burgmans. The person that made the comment may well never have seen a Burgman up close.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Pinwheel said:
I was in another forum and they were talking about waving to other riders. One guy said that we waves at all riders except those Burgman scooters. Then he said waved at one and then realized it was a scooter and asked if there was a way to retract a wave.

What a jerk. I told him that I would be sure to wave at him and he could just be a snob and not wave back. UGH! I thought I was going to like the new riding group, maybe I won't.
Yeah - but that is recognition of the BUrgman presence - I bet he wasn't saying that 12 months ago! :lol: :lol:

BTW do not write off the other forum just because of one comment (he could have been teasing you - we have folks on here who tease too! :wink: )

·
Registered
822 Posts
Pinwheel said:

This should explain that guy's logic: ToWaveOrNotToWave

·
Registered
355 Posts
I get waved to, or my wave returned at least 98% of the time. I have had no problem with Harley riders. In fact on a group ride with Burg660 aka Roger we have popped the trunk on the Burgs and patched tires on Harleys then inflated them with the compressors we carry. The HD guys were very happy and quite complimentary towards the big scoots.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These guys mostly ride sport bikes. So oh well.
I'll get over it. Not going to let one bad apple ruin my day.

I wave at everyone. Even in my truck but I don't realize I'm in my truck until my hand smashes against the window. :oops:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Pinwheel said:
These guys mostly ride sport bikes. So oh well.
I'll get over it. Not going to let one bad apple ruin my day.

I wave at everyone. Even in my truck but I don't realize I'm in my truck until my hand smashes against the window. :oops:
Top Tip: Try not wearing your safety helmet while you are in your truck that will give you another clue! :lol:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I to belong to another forum. Its a forum for all bikers in the Greater Toronto Area where I live. Well I would say that about 75% of the forum are younger sportbike riders , 24.999% are cruisers and tourers and .001% or actually 1 bike (me) is scooter.
The sportbike people seem to have a really down opinion of the Burgmans. It's like alot of people that they don't consider it a real motorcycle. I don't let it bother me though. I still go on rides and enjoy myself and by the end of it I have changed a few opinions on scooters.

SO your mission is to get your Burgman and infiltrate this forum/riding group and spread the word of the Burgman and convert all these non believers and have a good time. :salute:

OH and one other thing . As far as retracting his wave it's easily done like this :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
allwalk said:
I to belong to another forum. Its a forum for all bikers in the Greater Toronto Area where I live. Well I would say that about 75% of the forum are younger sportbike riders , 24.999% are cruisers and tourers and .001% or actually 1 bike (me) is scooter.
The sportbike people seem to have a really down opinion of the Burgmans. It's like alot of people that they don't consider it a real motorcycle. I don't let it bother me though. I still go on rides and enjoy myself and by the end of it I have changed a few opinions on scooters.

snipped
That just about sums it up really. Sportsbikes = Young = Fashion concious = the right sneakers = the right hairstyle blah blah!

My daughter will not watch classic movies because they are 'old' :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts