Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 650 in for it's 12 month service yesterday, and came across a Skywave (Burgman) 400 Type S in the showroom that had stereo waterproof speakers, and a handlebar mounted amp control that allowed the rider to switch the amp on and off, and to control the volume. The speakers are mounted in the glove compartment flap as one might expect. :bounce:

This is largely in response to the speed sensitive waterproof speaker option offered by Honda to is 2005 Forza 250 customers, which in turn was a response to the many owners that had custom installed speakers but had struggled with but amplification and waterproofing. Suzuki's implementation is a good stab, without requiring any bodywork redesign whatsoever. Whilst not being speed sensitive, and having the wiring exposed in the glove compartment (unlike the completely professional looking installation by Honda) it will at least allow the AN250/400 to hold on a couple more years without getting completely trashed in the ever developing big-scooter marketplace. It is two years older than the competition, which is a long time at the pace at which this market is developing. :pale:

This option is not listed on the website, but there is most probably a pamphlet that details it somewhere in the showrooms.

Good news is, if it sells here you'll be the next to be offered it - and perhaps on the 650, too. Whether you want it or not is something different. :dontknow:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks, Lycheed, for keeping us current. We may never see the options you see, but it gives us great ideas for home modifications. I just put a totally cool trunk on my wife's Yamaha V-Star 650-after being told my several "experts" it couldn't be done. I pulled the passenger pillon, used the seat frame as a mount for the trunk, and mounted it right up. Got to think outside the box!

Frank

·
Registered
207 Posts
I saw a Forza with the optional speaker system installed. Super slick! When they offer that as an option on the Silverwing I'm trading in my first gen Forza :p

Btw, I can't understand why Suzuki has a kit for the 400, but not the 650? The two front compartments would be a great place to mount speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts