Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this was addressed here before, but I can't find it now and at the time I don't remember op finding the wiper thingy on the left pointy finger,
I have a pair of thinsulate 40 g gloves "river road" made in Pakistan that has the wiper on the nose pi,, uh, pointy finger of the left hand, this has come in VERY handy on foggy/ rainy runs, the weight and fit is fine for Florida and they have lasted me many good years, . like all good things , it has come time to replace them and as helpful as the internet is, it also has ten billion distractors and I will die of old age or bad smells before I am able sift thru all the detritus,
I can find gloves of similar weight, but haven't seen one yet with the wiper thingy.
Can someone point me in the right direction? And a reference on gloves would be nice too

· Registered
2014 Burgman 400
1,203 Posts
Just ride up to your nearest "Cycle Gear", personally I like to test fit my gloves, jackets and helmets, there, whether I buy from them or not :sneaky::whistle:

· Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
2,925 Posts
I'm partial to Tour Master for waterproof/resistant gloves. In hot wet weather I don't care if the wet soaks through my gloves and the leather is enough to wipe what needs to be wiped off. In cool to warm wet weather I usually go to my TM Dri-Mesh gloves. Those don't have a wiper but also do fine just using my finger. Being up in the cold dark North I tend to favor the warmer TM gloves for cold weather. My previous pairs of the Polar-Tex gloves had a suede patch on the pointer finger to use as a wiper that worked really well. The new versions of the Polar-Tex have a wiper on the thumb. But my new TM Mid-Tex gloves have the wiper/squeegee on the thumb and that works well. Down in Florida way you likely don't need the insulated gloves like the Mid-Tex or Polar-Tex but TM also has the Tour-Tex that have a lot less insulation for cool to warm wetness. The Dri-Mesh and Tour-Tex gloves are the lower priced models from Tour Master. I usually shop for sizing at a local dealer but usually don't find what I am looking for there since most dealers around here like to stock the more expensive gloves that are really no better. www.MotorcycleGear.com usually has really good reviews of all the brands and models of gloves so I start shopping there and usually find I don't need to go anywhere else to learn what I want. They also have a really good method of determining the right size I need. Then I go shopping on Google Shopping to find the best price as well as check the local dealers also. I just got a pair of the Mid-Tex gloves for Christmas from Amazon for a good price. I usually tag what I want to buy on Amazon and then sit on it in my wish list watching the price. Many times the prices of anything there will fluctuate (vacillate?) and I'll put in the order when the price drops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts