Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Burgman 650 is almost a year old and I've ridden it in the rain several times. I just noticed that there are water spots inside the clear plastic housing where the speedometer and gauges are located. Shouldn't the housing be waterproof? Is there a way to get to the inside of the housing to clean off the water spots. Would this be covered by the standard one year warranty?

Thanks for input,
Phochief

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mitch did a couple videos on opening the older 650 clusters and replacing bulbs. Don't know how different the 2018 cluster assembly would be.

·
Registered
141 Posts
One would think it should be waterproof. Is it not because of condensation? My previous scooter was a Jonway 250 with the cloned Honda engine. The cluster clear plastic faded due to sunlight, so I removed the old ones and had new UV protected clear plastic cut to size. When I put it all together I used clear silicon and managed a better waterproofing job than the factory. It never got wet on the inside again.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to update this. The spots really looked like they were on the inside of the plastic, but after rubbing a little harder, the spots finally came off. 🙄

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
I forgot to update this. The spots really looked like they were on the inside of the plastic, but after rubbing a little harder, the spots finally came off. 🙄
Growing up on a farm we got dirty. My uncle teased my sister that was a red head and had freckels. Said she stood too close to the back side of a cow. Those do not rub out. She tried.

Freckles.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts