Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST TO SHARE........Hubby just installed a small radio and speakers/waterproof, has tested them on the road, he is very pleased. Purchased from motorcycleaudio.com

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
nice setup.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I'm glad you like them. As for me, I think they look ugly and out of place - in fact they remind me of air-raid klaxons from WW2! No offence meant.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Decent install.
My main concern is that the speakers are in the space where the mirrors go when they fold in. Probably not an issue for non-Exec (or later equivalents) in places that don't allow lane-splitting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
With all the stuff that is available in stereo equipment, it would have been better to buy one with a remote and place the head unit elsewhere rather than to take a saber saw to the dash. What it needs is a bezel around the head unit to cover up the hack marks and perhaps smaller speakers. Sometimes the "idea" of something is better than the "reality" of it. I am sorry, but it is something I would have never done to a 2012 Burgman in such a manner. You've cut a $1000.00 hole in your scooter to hack in an inexpensive radio.

·
Registered
74 Posts
While it isn't something I would put on my Burgie, I'm even less keen on the negative comments. Lots of folks add farkles I would never want on my bike. But I enjoy this forum because folks are usually very helpful. Roger's suggestion to add a bezel strikes me as being a positive, helpful response. We can do better folks!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm glad you like them. As for me, I think they look ugly and out of place - in fact they remind me of air-raid klaxons from WW2! No offence meant.
I haven't consulted the Emily Post etiquette guide on this, but I'm pretty sure writing "No offense meant" after an insult does not negate the aforementioned insult, nor lessen its severity.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't consulted the Emily Post etiquette guide on this, but I'm pretty sure writing "No offense meant" after an insult does not negate the aforementioned insult, nor lessen its severity.
what if he put a winky smiley face afterwards? ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
In the end, the stereo installation only needs to please the owner,.....but when it is submitted on a forum such as this, it is subject to scrutiny whether that be positive or negative. Honesty can sometimes be brutal, conversely, saying you like something when you do not, is dishonest, or means your standard of approval is on par with something you yourself find below your personal standard. Some folks just plain "speak their mind" and call it like they see it. I have had my knickers ripped a time or two myself and still subject to the scrutiny of the forum when I submit something. (Like my spin on the installation). The fine line between an insult and brutal honesty in my opinion is if it becomes a personal issue... No personal remarks were rendered in this case and I am positive we are all capable of conducting ourselves like ladies and gentlemen... Whether we are or not.. LOL

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello, my post was just to "share" hubby's choice of radio and speakers, know there are many other alternatives/ideas in a "sound" set up, but we all have our likes and dislikes about our bikes, what is chosen, to suit our own wants/needs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Knightgale: I respect your comments and your intentions concerning your original post. I was under the impression you were also illustrating the installation as well.

I will offer what I found out about the item you purchased. You were obviously in the market for a stereo and purchased what appears to be a "Shark Brand". I can tell you the customers that buy that system say it has an extremely high failure rate. They are low end, low quality, hit or miss stereos, priced to give the buyer the illusion of a bargain priced good deal. They don't sound bad when they work but after it fails what good is the bargain? The sellers will take it back if it is still under warranty and replace it with the same unit prone to the same failure as the original. I found this information because I also was looking for a stereo system.

You can go the the Walmart online sales page and do a search on Shark and read the comments for yourself... Walmart is listing vendor sales as part of their On-line catalog. This system will not meet your wants or needs unless it includes dealing with poor engineering. If this is the feedback you were seeking there it is. It is what I found out about The Shark when I went looking for a stereo. In its defense, some people report they liked theirs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts