Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they've got this water-cooled Big Twin now. And used great effort to hide the radiators. Very complex cooling system it seems.

So, why wouldn't people buy the clean-sheet V-Rod in the first place? A beautiful bike, made with the help of Porsche even.

I guess the V-Rod is not a "real" HD to the faithful :rolleyes: I guess I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
"Water-cooled" engines are actually air-cooled, the water/coolant is just a transfer medium--with cooling (removal of engine generated heat to some external system) taking place at the radiator.

This was pointed out to me by a very attractive, and brilliant to boot, coed grad student I dated in school.

Being the dashing soul I was at that time I augued that the atmosphere was also just a transfer medium--that radiated heat lost from the atmosphere into space was the final cooling mechanism. A lively discussion followed, with me going home alone...

·
Registered
132 Posts
So they've got this water-cooled Big Twin now. And used great effort to hide the radiators. Very complex cooling system it seems.

So, why wouldn't people buy the clean-sheet V-Rod in the first place? A beautiful bike, made with the help of Porsche even.

I guess the V-Rod is not a "real" HD to the faithful :rolleyes: I guess I'm missing something here.
I go to bike week Daytona ever year love to test ride all kinds of bikes.

Not to buy just to ride .

I did test ride a v rod one year .

Its only Harley that I have rode , that did the two things that I like

a bike to do . #1 really move when needed to. # 2 stop well when need to.

The v rod did those two things well for what I have seen and rode in past.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Actually there is such a thing as a totally water-cooled Harley. Here's proof.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

I think it is a real HD. If not why will it be the NHRA season winner at Pomona.
1796673_10152302575166106_4486616940753988819_n.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts