Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the back of the back rest I have a "Cup Caddy" from Pep Boys. when not in use it folds flat and almost disappears. I bought a bottle of "blue Water" brand water 20 oz. It's cheaper and comes in a blue plastic bottle. Drank 1/2 and put the rest in the holder.
I am doing 72 (indicated) when a state police car comes up behind me and hit's his lights,
I know I was not speeding ,the limit is 70 And I was just loafing along at around 65 (taking in speedo error). I pull over take my helmet off just as he get to the bike and I say is there a problem offers . "NO not really , I thought that was a blue light the way the sun was reflecting off of it" blue light , O, you mean my water bottle,( big smile) " you may want to move that so you don't keep getting stopped (also with a smile) Have a nice day"
I did move the bottle and did have a nice day. :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Great story! Brings up one of my other wishes for the scooter... a cup holder. I've got an old car window gyro-mount cup holder that I'm trying to figure out how and where to mount. Hadn't thought about the back of the back rest.... hmmmm. In Kansas (or at least some towns in Kansas), it's against the law to take one's hands off the handlebars while riding. So I just need something to hang onto a drink from stop to stop. Been thinking about those beer-can helmets with built-in straw. :p Probably not DOT approved, though. :cry:

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
That's pretty funny. Really. My gosh - don't these ppl have better things to do? Sigh. Oh well. Good thing you weren't in a hurry. :?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Lots of sportsbike riders, as well as bicyclists, are using Camelbacks. I have one, but haven't tried it on the scoot, yet.

Steve

·
Registered
52 Posts
bottle holder

4DThinker said:
Great story! Brings up one of my other wishes for the scooter... a cup holder. I've got an old car window gyro-mount cup holder that I'm trying to figure out how and where to mount. Hadn't thought about the back of the back rest.... hmmmm. In Kansas (or at least some towns in Kansas), it's against the law to take one's hands off the handlebars while riding. So I just need something to hang onto a drink from stop to stop. Been thinking about those beer-can helmets with built-in straw. :p Probably not DOT approved, though. :cry:

Dave B.
I bought one of those bicycle bottle holders from Wal-Mart (out 8 bucks) to the large
storage box "glove box" just left of the release lever on my 400. You can adjust to differant size bottles and it's not in the way on my legs. Works Great

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've always like to have a nice cup of coffee while cruisin down the highway but with a full face helmet I keep spilling it all down the front of me. Just can't get the hang of pouring coffee thru the chin vent with any degree of accuracy :roll:

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Arby said:
I've always like to have a nice cup of coffee while cruisin down the highway but with a full face helmet I keep spilling it all down the front of me. Just can't get the hang of pouring coffee thru the chin vent with any degree of accuracy :roll:
Maybe a straw would work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts