Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edmonds, WA here. I've owned a Burgman 650 for about 2 months and love it. Great commuter and for touring. Taking a ride over the Cascade Mountains this weekend. My wife and me would love to hear from other Burgman owners in the Seattle area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hey Mission, I live on San Juan Island. Have owned my 650 for three weeks. Bought a 400 in May. Then made the mistake of riding a 650 last month. Was hooked immediately. I have 750 miles on it. Don't ride my Volusia much anymore. Am over highway 20 about 5 times a year. Hope you had a good ride over there.

Drop me a line at my e-mail address. I visit my lady friend in Everett quite often and my kids all live in South Snohomish County, so I am down your way quite a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
mission650 said:
Edmonds, WA here. I've owned a Burgman 650 for about 2 months and love it. Great commuter and for touring. Taking a ride over the Cascade Mountains this weekend. My wife and me would love to hear from other Burgman owners in the Seattle area.
I plan on ordering a 2004 650 soon. I live on Whidbey Island.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
allwalk said:
Well I'm not from Washington State but I can offer you a Big Welcome to the board :D . If you decide to ride up my way let me know.
Thanks. Toronto? That would be quite a ride from here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Greetings Edmonds, San Juan, and Whidbey. I'm a new owner from Everett. See my post coming up in a few minutes, "Sleepless in Seattle," for all the details.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
I lived in Seattle for a long time, and my father still lives there. I owned a Suzuki 125 and Bridgestone 200 (both 2 stroke engine) when I lived there in the 70s.

Interesting to see so many people wanting to ride burgman in the rain. :wink: On the other hand, mist does not kill; raindrops here in Houston feel like hails and I was caught in it on my way home today. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I'm in Washington too.

I live up in the Monroe area. Switched from a BMW K75s, because it was getting too uncomfortable to ride. It's more of a "young man's" bike. I use it to commute to work in all kinds of weather - so I oredered a larger windscreen to keep the rain off a bit better. Should get it in 2 weeks. I rode to Odessa this summer; my son was on the Bimmer and I had no problem keeping up. The Burgie does 100 very easily!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums ScooterSurvey. Glad to have you join us.

Interesting forum name. You wouldn't happen to be associated with Clarity Research who's doing the Scooter Survey???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
It would be interesting to have the Washington and British Columbia Burger owners get together on a weekend day in the spring or summer of 2005. I know that I would enjoy meeting other Burger owners and comparing notes and stories. There are a great number of places available to meet between Seattle and Vancouver. Whidbey Island is a very nice town as is Port Townsend.

Cheers Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
alburg said:
It would be interesting to have the Washington and British Columbia Burger owners get together on a weekend day in the spring or summer of 2005. I know that I would enjoy meeting other Burger owners and comparing notes and stories. There are a great number of places available to meet between Seattle and Vancouver.
I second the motion.

alburg said:
Whidbey Island is a very nice town as is Port Townsend.
Uh, Whidbey Island isn't a town, it's an island (the longest in the continental US). Towns on Whidbey Island include Oak Harbor, Coupeville, Langley, Clinton...

Fort Casey would be a fun place on the island to meet if we wanted to do a picnic, or it would make a good rendezvous point and we could then ride up-island and across the Deception Pass Bridge and into Anacortez to eat -- that stretch was part of the course on the "Oyster Run" in September, and has some great scenery.

I think arriving in Anacortez as a squadron of Burgmans would be really cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Brian, you’re right, I was thinking of the town Oak Harbour on Whidbey Island. :oops: I spent a few weekends at an RV park between Deception Pass State Park and Whidbey Island NAS on highway 20 years ago and am somewhat familiar with the area.

Fort Casey would be a great place to meet. The “Fort Townsend State Park” and the “Deception Pass State Park” are nice areas as well.

I will post this in “Rally’s and Gathering” under “Washington State/B.C. Gathering” to see what interest we get.

Cheers Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Did I hear Bridgestone? 2 stroke....Yes!

lifegetter said:
I lived in Seattle for a long time, and my father still lives there. I owned a Suzuki 125 and Bridgestone 200 (both 2 stroke engine) when I lived there in the 70s.

Interesting to see so many people wanting to ride burgman in the rain. :wink: On the other hand, mist does not kill; raindrops here in Houston feel like hails and I was caught in it on my way home today. 8)
In the late 60's and early 70's I owned a Bridgestone 90cc street model and the 175cc street model. Looked like I was spraying for bugs with the ol oil injection 2 stroke , but boy was I the cats meow! Long live the Bridgestone days!

Helix 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Late to the party

Sorry I'm late to respond. I'm out of Port Orchard. Hope you all get together in the Spring. Sorry I'll miss it since we'll be gone this year but I look forward to hearing about your adventure.

The locations you're suggesting are all great spots. Let me throw another into the mix. The Governor's Run is an annual event held in Bremerton the first Sunday in May every year. They lay out a different route of 100+ miles each year through some pretty nice country. Turnout is about 1,000 or so participants with lots of activities and vendors all weekend. Lots of prizes including a Grand Prize of a new Gold Wing or some such. Figure the odds at about 1,000 to 1 of winning a really nice prize. They even offer tent/RV camping on the site for a nominal fee. We've been attending every year since 1989 whenever we're in the area.

Regards,

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
I am very interested in the Governor’s Run; do you have more information, a web site? The trip from Nanaimo to Bremerton would be very nice via Victoria and the Port Angeles Ferry with a stop in Fort Townsend.

We will see if there is some interest in a Washington – B.C. get together in the spring.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Governor's Run

alburg said:
I am very interested in the Governor’s Run; do you have more information, a web site? The trip from Nanaimo to Bremerton would be very nice via Victoria and the Port Angeles Ferry with a stop in Fort Townsend.

We will see if there is some interest in a Washington – B.C. get together in the spring.

Cheers
Hi Al,

The event is coordinated/sponsored by Chapter B of the GWRRA in Bremerton, WA. Their website is: http://www.gwrra-wab.org/ . If you follow the "Staff" link you'll find listed the e-mail addresses of the 2005 Run coordinators. There's also a link to the history of the run.

There's usually a contingent of Canadian Wings that put on a drill team performance with their Gold Wings.

The route you describe for getting to Bremerton is ideal. I 've made the loop from home through Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, Port Angeles to home several times and always enjoy it.

Best Regards,

Dan
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top