Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always brag to my friends who have large motorcycles how great my Burgman 650 is and how easy it is to maintain. But secretly I never wash it. Being almost 82 it's kinda hard to get to all the places that need cleaning. I use Plexes on the windshield and cheaper Honda cleaner/waxer on the Tupperware as required where I can reach it. I have only truly washed it twice in two years! Is there any easier way around this problem? Just for the fun of it I asked the local Harley Davidson dealer what he charges to wash their motorcycles. Would you believe $25.00

·
Registered
748 Posts
$25.00 doesn't sound bad for a good wash job. I've only washed mine twice also, just like you, windshield and Tupperware, and I think it looks fine.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Snipped I have only truly washed it twice in two years! Is there any easier way around this problem? Snipped
yeah wash it every 3 years, reduces your resource input by 50%.;)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Sure Marv can find 15-16-17- year old that will spend 45- 60 minute washing bike for $15.00 - $20.00 cash, then one or two time per year $15.00 - $20.00 more to wax with Turtle Wax Ice liquid or paste, this under you supervision of course. Church member or neighbor probably can help with this.

Remember movie where mentor say wax on / wax off.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I agree with Cherie - find a neighborhood kid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cleaning your ride

Hey guys , have you ever tried the Turtle Ice Premium Care spray Detailer ? I just love this stuff . I never wash my bikes either . It is not for heavily soiled finishes , but can even be used on slightly dirty surfaces and will not scratch .I use it on all the plastic , wheels and seats and also the windshield , but perfer Novus 1 there . Once you get the system down , you can do a Burge in about 30 to 45 minutes . Just spray it on and wipe it off one section at a time with a towel .On the wheels use paper towels . meerkat

·
Registered
427 Posts
That is the real (secret) beauty of these scooters. You can go forever without washing them and they still look great. I usually wipe down the screen and headlights for bug goo and about twice a year spray down the rest. I have discovered that a good micro-fiber cloth is great for the screen with some cleaner sprayed on the screen and soaking the goo for a few seconds prior to wiping.

I would rather be riding than polishing on any Sunday.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I feel better after reading this post! I have only washed mine about 2 times in the past year. The other time was at a fund raiser by a local M/C. They washed it and blew it dry with a leaf blower. Worked great! I bought some of the Plexis polish and stuff but find that the Windex with vinegar works just as good and costs less. I will wash the wheels when I change the tires out. It is the easiest time to get to them. As far as wax. What is wax?:confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Guess I'm a bit more ummm... Picky... With the bikes. I tend to wash when dusty, then a quick dry with some Aqua Wax from Duragloss. I usually clay the paint yearly followed by a coat of Zaino AIO sealant then a coat of Z2 about a week later then a coat of Z2 every 4 months or so.

Dust and dirt are abrasive and a quick wash followed by a drying with a few sprtizes of the Aqua Wax takes all of 10 minutes. Waxing a few times a year takes about 45 minutes.

As to the OP, I have to agree with the others, try to get a neighbor kid to do it occasionally.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
As a long time member of ADVrider, I take their view on washing motorcycles. I let God wash mine when I ride in the rain.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I agree with Doug, God dose a good enuf job for me.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Car washed once this year after 6000 miles, sprayed er off like a car, then got on and rode her dry!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts