Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed a Speedohealer on the scooter and while I had the cover off I decided to check the air filter. It definitely needed cleaning. I have looked at various threads here and need to know whether to oil the filter after it is cleaned or to just let it dry and put it back in as is.

Thanks

George

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Simple Green and water. Dry overnight. Do not oil it.
I believe that K&N has bigger pores, that's why you oil it. Had one on my Shadow only because it paid for itself in about 2 years (Honda thinks its parts are made of gold). I have had the same air filter on Burgie for the past 12000 miles, still looks good :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Washing the papers one is a short term measure only. Once you have washed them they don't let the same amount of air through as a new one as the paper pores close up. We tested several paper ones that were dirty by washing them clean. None of them worked as a new one would, but did let a little more air through than a very dirty one. Airflow was reduce about 38% on average due to closed up pores. The paper becomes damaged by the water. That means a much less efficient engine.Then the problem is they clogg up again very quickly due to the smaller pores. So get a new one as soon as you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts