Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
This is more like it.
Another very nice day I was able to take advantage of. I really enjoy 30-60+ mile rides. Mainly 'cuz that's what I usually have time to sneak in and also I get to do other things (like check out what's happening on the forums). But also I needed to do some yard work today... mowing. So in a way I got 2 rides in. One going around and around the yard on my lawn tractor and the other a bit farther away.
Went to the bank for some important business this afternoon. The bank is about a 3/4 mile round trip. But going the back streets to get there makes it a mile round trip. So as it seems happens when I ride to the bank I go the short distance to get there, take care of what was needed, and... 2 hours and 63 miles later finally get back home. Now THAT's the way to do an errand. Lot's of 40-45 mph country lanes mixed with 55 mph local roads. Almost no traffic due to the routes I went. Some of that time was spent in the bank. But the best part of that time was quality time on my Burgman 650. :D

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I did a short ride to the country to get the wife some Free Range, Pasture Fed, Organic Chicken Eggs @ $5 a dozen.
Thank God for the Burgman’s 50mpg or I’d had to charge her for 2 gallons of gas @ $2.75 a gallon.

Leaving the farmer told me to apologize to my wife cause he didn’t get time to clean the coop….
he had promised her a bag of chicken turds that I was supposed to pick up.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Darn! Sounds like another ride is in order then. A poop run? :eek:
Poop Run…Willie Make It ?

I’ll turn my contractor trash bag inside out and double bag…..the contractor trash bag is my emergency poncho I keep ready.

I always tell her Or ganic or not I only pay a $1 a dozen for eggs.

·
Administrator
22,288 Posts
Leaving the farmer told me to apologize to my wife cause he didn’t get time to clean the coop….
he had promised her a bag of chicken turds that I was supposed to pick up.
Sounds like your getting a special PIE.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Hot day today. Around 92F. Took a ride anyway. As long as I was moving it was fine. My was wearing shorts under my mesh riding pants so that was good with a little breeze. My riding jacket is good for all temps. It has a panel on the back that almost completely opens up to mesh and half the chest opens to mesh venting as well as bicep vents. So all was good... as long as I kept moving. Only really started to get hot when waiting for the occasional light to turn green. I only planned for a short trip due to the heat so did a round trip of 23.4 miles.

I figure if I keep getting out and riding I'll keep reminding myself why I like my Burgman 650 and won't be so tempted to replace it with something newer. Sometimes I wonder if my temptation is due to times when I haven't gone for a ride as often and think if I get a new bike I'll ride more. But I KNOW that's not how it works.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Hot here, but like you say, as long as you're moving. I have a synthetic neck gaiter I soak in water and that and the mesh jacket helps with the cooling. Rode the Burgy yesterday and did a quick 40-mile blast on the V-strom today.

And as Paul Harvey might say, I'd like to hear the rest of Mikey's story.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
12 minutes of a 216-mile northeastern NY ride yesterday:

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
12 minutes of a short (five-hour -- we had company coming over) goofing off ride yesterday (no cows this time):

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Two days ago, an hour+ north of my house, at the south end of NY's six-million-acre Adirondack wilderness region, when I was circling just part of the Great Sacandaga Lake:

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
I was riding up around the Great Sacandaga Lake again yesterday. I'll spare everyone another video, but I did think this was a nice screen grab of one of the GoPro chunks:

Cloud Sky Daytime Blue Road surface

(With an unknown BMW GS in front of me, that was going west across the Batchellerville Bridge: Batchellerville Bridge · Edinburg, NY 12134 )

Here's where I ate a gourmet lunch (near Hadley, NY):

Cloud Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Season Winding Down

... here in the northeast. Late-season nice day today (73°F), wandering around with my riding buddy, all in NY state today. Here's 13 minutes of the ride:

Reactions: Kurtd73 and Dave_J

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 · (Edited)
Finally was able to get out for a ride today. Lots going on at home to prevent that lately. And it WAS a very nice day with clear sky and temps hanging around 67F. All vents closed in my jacket but still in Mesh riding pants and summer gloves. Was very comfortable. Ended up with 51 miles on mostly country roads. I did have a 4-5 mile stretch of divided 4 lane secondary highway at 65 mph but otherwise slower county and local roads just to stay away from any traffic. That Power Mode is really nice for passing. No need to fiddle with what gear to be in to get the best boost for going around slow construction vehicles like graders and such.

This ride, BTW, was after we put our grand daughter down for a nap and my wife told me it was a nice day and that I should go out for a ride... and followed that statement with telling me of her friend she visited out of town with who has a son going through several surgeries due to a motorcycle accident and told my wife to tell me that I should be told to get rid of my motorcycle because they are so dangerous!
Hmmmmm! Wonder what she was trying to say to me?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Season Winding Down

... here in the northeast. Late-season nice day today (73°F), wandering around with my riding buddy, all in NY state today. Here's 13 minutes of the ride:

Thanks for taking the time to post the video. Beautiful location. I'm going to miss out on these good autumn riding days due to projects around the house, so I appreciate your sharing the ride all the more.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
In reward for my son and his wife watching our dog while we took off to Colorado a few months ago my dog shredded the bottom 18 inches of the door weather seal trying to get back in their house after being let out for a time. They have 2 other dogs who are mostly fine with being outside and they all get along but our dog just makes up her mind that when she wants in, she REALLY wants in.

So I bought some door weather seal and rode the Burgman out to their house this afternoon to replace it.

It was a very very nice day. Totally cloudless and sunny. Temps around 77F. Of course I took back roads getting there and then took a different, longer, route coming home. 54 miles altogether.

Ironic that it was again my wife's idea to ride the bike there. But that was more her way to get me to get this job done and save some gas doing it.
And yet she doesn't want me to sell my Burgman to buy the AK 550... still! I commented today that my advertising on eBay and Cycle Trader will be coming to an end tomorrow and next weekend and no takers yet. Her response was if it doesn't sell, then it doesn't sell. That's true but it was the way she said it that reveals to me she would be happier if it didn't. In any case, she is tolerant of me selling to buy.

Reactions: wspollack
161 - 180 of 205 Posts