Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
I used to listen to that guy on the radio!

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
I also used to watch the Red Green show. My wife found out when we were married that I was definitely handy... and I could fix a lot of things round the house too! :eek: 😁

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Duct tape....the handyman's secret weapon!

Reactions: rjs987

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Well, no grand-kids today as we would normally have due to the big snow storm that is supposed to be happening.
Schools closed or will be early out.
But just like it always seems to happen... well sometimes seems to happen... OK, once in a big while seems to happen, we are already 3 hours into when there should be significant snow on the ground but the temp is 3+ degrees warmer than expected at 35F. We did get some snow/sleet early this morning and the roads and driveways and sidewalks and lawns WERE totally covered in slick stuff. But due to the warmer temps and due to the entire metro area sitting in a pocket in the middle of the storm where nothing is happening it is now mostly just wet all over due to the earlier stuff melting. It's definitely snowing to the east, and to the west, and to the north, and to the south. It's like we are in the eye of a hurricane but there's no wind circling around the perimeter, just lots of snow. Like knowing a bomb is about to explode and just waiting for the timer to trigger it. Streets too slick to ride anything with 2 wheels even though mostly just wet. There's plenty of ice around to make it a hazard. Watched a neighbor kid try to ride his bicycle up the street but wasn't having much fun at it. Just bad enough to NOT be able to ride today. Still expecting a half foot or more of snow yet by tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Only down to around 13F when I went outside this morning and up to 19F now. This is why I didn't ride today...
When I first opened the garage door.
Sky Snow Building Cloud Window

After I worked at it for a few hours with the 2 stage snow thrower. I live on a corner lot so there is a long side sidewalk as well as from the right of the driveway to the side street on the left just off the first photo above (the fire hydrant on the left above is about 35ft from the corner). Same length for both sidewalks.
Cloud Sky Building Snow Window

And this is a close up of that yard stick you see in the photo above stuck in where the level seemed about average depth.
Sky Cloud Snow Tree Branch

The official report for West Des Moines is 11.5 inches. It looked like if I were to go out to the middle of the lawn I would likely see a few inches more than this shows.
Once again my north facing driveway is a bad idea. That driveway across the street is facing south and already is starting to clear off so much more than mine just due to the sun.
In the bigger city just east of my home the official total is 14.3 inches and areas just north of us received up to 12.9 inches.

Oh, and BTW, I do know that areas just east of any of the great lakes will very likely have double what we got here. Called "Lake effect snow" which is something WE don't have so we don't get the extra boost of snow depth they do. We get this all without any extra "Lake effect" help.

241 - 245 of 245 Posts