Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Warranty.

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  model28a 
#1 ·
Being I have not bought my 650 yet, I have a question to those that have.

Does Suzuki a longer warranty to buy after one year is up ?

And if so whats the cost the cost and coverage.

I never bought one on Hondas , but seeing that some problems.

may arise on the scooter is it an option to buy it

#2 ·
When purchasing a new bike, I am usually able to make a good deal on extended warrantee on the final 'out the door' price.

Murphy's Law .....
If you buy an extended warrantee you probably won't need it.
If you don't, you probably will.

#4 ·
Yes Suzuki offers a longer warranty. You need to ask a dealer the cost because I don't think Florida honors some on line warranties. Someone from here should chime in with better information on what Florida honors.

#5 ·
If you are only putting on 5,000 miles a year , I doubt you will need or be able to make use of an extended warranty on a new one . On top of that , you can buy two very nice low mileage used ones for less than one brand new one . Just some food for thought .

TheReaper!

#6 ·
Suzuki Warranty: I purchased it on my new 2007 650 EX at time of purchase. It was for a total of 5 years unlimited miles. The cost was between 500-600 dollars. I guess it was good to have but thank goodness I never had to use the warranty.

I put an average of about 10,000 miles a year on my Burgman before trading it for a new GW but I still have a 2006 650EX I picked up at a good price with low miles.:p

#7 ·
Totally depends on how lucky you are and how long you plan to keep it. I am usually not in favor because quality on most vehicles has greatly improved over the years. The high depreciation on a Burg 650 does mean you can buy a used one at a steep discount from the list price. That might be a good plan depending on how long you keep it and the miles you will put on it.

Another advantage that extended warranty does have is that it makes it easier to sell if you plan to do that. My current thinking is that I might buy a new one and, if so, will put the maximum extended warranty on it and figure it is $500-600 spent and hopefully never used.

#8 ·
Thanks for input if its that cheap to buy a five year I will buy it. I have never bought that before . but plan on buying it for this one .It will be a daily rider for me. I didn't buy it on wing because I knew I would not need it. And it was a huge extra cost .

#9 ·
My 5 year suzuki warranty cost me $600. More money then I needed to pay I learned later when I foundnout I could just buy it online for about $450. That being said, 1 year and 3 days into ownership (yes, that is 3 days after standard warranty expired) my cvt died at about 19k miles. Warranty paid for it. Dealership said it was a cost of just shy of $5k. Worked out well in my case.

#12 ·
I don't think Florida honors the extended warranty from Oneida Suzuki. I believe you need to buy from an instate company. Hopefully someone that has an extended warranty in Florida will join in and tell wingriderz some details as to what Florida honors.

#14 ·
If you're talking about the extended warranty from Oneida Suzuki, Florida will not honor it unless they are registered to sell insurance in Florida. The post below is a post that Cliff posted back in 2012. The link will take you to the topic he posted in.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/12-general-discussion/51942-where-did-you-get-your-extended-warranty.html#post514731
"Florida law only states that companies providing extended warranty coverage be registered with the Florida Department of State, and that the policy be purchased via an agent doing business in the State--so that they are subject to Florida Statute and supervision of the Florida Insurance Commissioner.

This provides consumers protection from companies operating out of other states and therefore not subject to Florida law or control. I.e. if "it" should hit the fan you can take the SOBs to a Florida court, not some kangaroo court in the Cayman Islands."

wingriderz I would ask the dealer about Florida's extended warranty policy before I spent money for an extended warranty from anyone out of state.
Here is a link from a search for Florida extended warranty. If you want to look through some older posts about it.
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/search.php?searchid=917745&pp=25&page=11

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.