Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My 650 is now 9 days old and approaching the 600-mile service. I purchased the extended warranty with the bike so that its out of the way. The prices I'm hearing about servicing the bike are scary! I'm not really the type that can do it myself either.

So here's my question. I have a motorcycle mechanic who I've been using for a 50cc scooter I had a while back. I'd like to continue to use him for the 650 but if I do, does it void my warranty since he's not an "authorized Suzuki mechanic"?

Thanks in advance.

- Chuck

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
It shouldnt. Just make sure you keep records and reciepts of the service work done.. I would make sure you or he have a copy of the service manual for torque specs and other Burgman only related material.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I would think if you read the fine print on your extended warranty document the answer would be there. See if they use words such as "should"!! I know here in Canada, if a person decides to do their own work so long as they have a record of performing the tasks (i.e. receipts of oil, filter other stuff) then your standard warranty is still valid. The warranty laws here in Canada allows it.

But as for the extended warranty, I would think the same rules apply. Check the fine print and please let us all know where you stand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts